1991 Lexus Es250 Problems

WARCRAFTR

I actually own a 1991 Lexus Es250. And weve encountered a wierd problem. The problem is that the front drivers door, and front passenger door, cannot be opened from the outside. They do however open from the inside. Heres the catch. Both of the outside door latches stopped working on the same day and time. All of a sudden neither of them opened from the outside, but they still both opened with no problem from the inside. It seems like too much of a coincidence for it to be a mechanical problem which happened to both sides at the same time. Im thinking maybe theres a switch or somethihg which might have affected both sides the same. When you pull the doorhandle you feel no bumb or click or anything. The doorhandles seem to be "dead". Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx in Advance

Randy Barreto

Well it gots power locks so we can unlock all 4 doors with the key and gain access to the car thru the back doors. Well im trying to avoid taking off the panels, im hopeing it will be an electrical prob or something. I dont know. Anyways i still need Help.

Well it gots power locks so we can unlock all 4 doors with the key and gain access to the car thru the back doors. Well im trying to avoid taking off the panels, im hopeing it will be an electrical prob or something. I dont know. Anyways i still need Help.

hmm....im stumped...could be the control module for the auto locks and windows took a crap.

hmm....im stumped...could be the control module for the auto locks and windows took a crap.

windows took a crap? =\

Download the FSM that, ahem, :whistles: Santarme posted. Its pinned above the forum listings. The "electrical" volume will show you how it's wired/controlled. Helped me TONS with my 91 ES! Luv that Santarme! :cheers:

well i finally figured it out. I guess it must have been a darn coincidence but it was infact that something had gotten loose. On both sides, on the same day. The rod which inserts into the outside doorlatch had come out on both sides. The problem was a small plastic clip which keeps the rod in place. They had broke on both sides and so the rods were just hanging there out of place. We had to remove both door panels, found clips from a junk yard and had to put the rods back in place. Doors r working fine now. Thankz for all the help.

Randy Barreto

well i finally figured it out. I guess it must have been a darn coincidence but it was infact that something had gotten loose. On both sides, on the same day. The rod which inserts into the outside doorlatch had come out on both sides. The problem was a small plastic clip which keeps the rod in place. They had broke on both sides and so the rods were just hanging there out of place. We had to remove both door panels, found clips from a junk yard and had to put the rods back in place. Doors r working fine now. Thankz for all the help.

Randy Barreto

Glad to hear it worked out. Sometimes these "odd" occurences require "exploratory surgery"! ;)

wow... that is a coincidence. I say go n play the lotto n hopefully u'll win big :lol:

Glad u got the car working now.

Tom

• 1 year later...

I know this topic is very old but I had a similar problem with the plastic clip breaking on my '91 ES250 and I used a fatty zip-tie and tightened it around the ball-end portion of the metal link with the latch portion in-between the zip-tie and the curved end of the link and it works perfectly. The zip-tie is just big enough to keep the door latch from sliding off of the metal link. I have had it that way for almost a year and it still works perfectly. Just thought I would put this out there for anyone that might have the same problem. This saves a trip to a junk yard to find those plastic pieces...