3.0 L6 How Long Will It Last ?

Just wondering if anyone knows how long a inline 3.0 l6 will last from New w/dyno oil, To full throttle until the motor seizes. How long will the motor last ?

Till it runs out of gas :P

:lol::lol::lol:

Just wondering if anyone knows how long a inline 3.0 l6 will last from New w/dyno oil, To full throttle until the motor seizes. How long will the motor last ?

Yeah, I'll go along with that! lol :whistles: :lol:

:cheers:

Yeah, I'll go along with that! lol :whistles: :lol:

Maybe JPI could shed some light on this. All jokes on the side.

In all honestly dc, I think that engine will last pretty much as long as any engine in the Lexus stable if it's taken care of. Just curious (as might others be) as to why your asking about the inline 6 specifically? :unsure:

In all honestly dc, I think that engine will last pretty much as long as any engine in the Lexus stable if it's taken care of. Just curious (as might others be) as to why your asking about the inline 6 specifically? :unsure:

Because of the balance, I know this test is done. And just can't find any info on it. The test is done on a engine stand at the factory. New motor, unlimited gasoline,dino oil, They start the engine and bring it to full throttle and run it until it seizes up. How long does it take ?

Because of the balance, I know this test is done. And just can't find any info on it. The test is done on a engine stand at the factory. New motor, unlimited gasoline,dino oil, They start the engine and bring it to full throttle and run it until it seizes up. How long does it take ?

Something to maybe ask Lexus head office directly, perhaps JPI (like you already have).....maybe the engine is still running as we speak! ;)

Something to maybe ask Lexus head office directly, perhaps JPI (like you already have).....maybe the engine is still running as we speak! ;)

I would like to think so. I'll dig deeper ;)

Depends on how lean it's running.

If it's lean enough 2 push the EGT's over say 1400*F.... It'll burn a hole in a piston/ring eventually, but that won't stop the engine from running immediately either.

& Toyota's are tuned so un-godly rich. It'd run a long, long time.

Unless you were shoving an extra 1000bhp of FI into it. It wouldn't last 2 long on a test stand then!

Depends on how lean it's running.

If it's lean enough 2 push the EGT's over say 1400*F.... It'll burn a hole in a piston/ring eventually, but that won't stop the engine from running immediately either.

& Toyota's are tuned so un-godly rich. It'd run a long, long time.

Unless you were shoving an extra 1000bhp of FI into it. It wouldn't last 2 long on a test stand then!

Thanx Toys, I knew you would chime in on this. Do you know the name on such a test ? I beleive this is done in the R&D stages.