4 Wheeling?

Tried my 400h on an incline in the yard outside my office. The incline is grassed about six feet high and at about a 30 degree angle. The 400h went nearly all the way to the top and then did some herky jerky stuff. Couldn't tell if it was the automatic system intermittently locking up the spinning wheel (right front in this case) or if it was the front electric drive motor dumping in lots of torque in sudden hits. Knowing the 400h was not designed for off road stuff, can anyone explain what was happening? Was it wheel braking or electric motor surging? The real test will be when it snows and I take the 400h up the hill in my neighborhood. I live in NC and we've been warm this year. Anybody in Colorado with a 400h with experience in snow and hills?

One more thing, my 97 and 02 Yukons clambered up this incline with no problem.

Tried my 400h on an incline in the yard outside my office. The incline is grassed about six feet high and at about a 30 degree angle. The 400h went nearly all the way to the top and then did some herky jerky stuff. Couldn't tell if it was the automatic system intermittently locking up the spinning wheel (right front in this case) or if it was the front electric drive motor dumping in lots of torque in sudden hits. Knowing the 400h was not designed for off road stuff, can anyone explain what was happening? Was it wheel braking or electric motor surging? The real test will be when it snows and I take the 400h up the hill in my neighborhood. I live in NC and we've been warm this year. Anybody in Colorado with a 400h with experience in snow and hills?

I live in Western NY and although we have not had much snow when we did the 400 behaved very well.

I haven't any steep grades so I too will be anxious to hear from some one who has had some experiance with a situation that has this type of hazzard.

Most likely the front wheels started to slip very slightly which caused the system to bring the rear drive online, if it wasn't already. If the front still slipped, as is very highly likely, then TRAC would begin "moderately" (PULSING, herky/jerky) braking the front to help alleviate the front wheelspin while at the same time dethrottling the engine/motor.

At that point you're STUCK!

In a standard RX you could pull the ABS pumpmotor fuse to disable TRAC and GO ahead.