Oxygen Sensor Problem

HHHEEEELLLLPPPP.............................

Took the car to the dealer today for the oil change, brakes, etc. The check engine light has been on ever since i put in a weapon r intake (has since been removed). The code is P0161

The dealer told me it the oxygen sensor in BANK 2 SENSOR 1 and that they would charge me $400 to change it............................YEAH WHATEVER HOMIE.

Does anybody know exactly where this sensor is located so i can change it myself, I heard the car has like 4 of them.

Thanks

Ron

You are driving a Lexus. If that is the dealer price, that is the price. No personal reflection on you, but I am getting tired of people complaining about the prices of Lexus service. People should be glad they don't have cars that require constant, expensive service. I won't name names....

Anyway, back to P0161.

You have not given the year of your car nor have you put it in your profile. We cannot help you until you provide this information.

You will still need to have the code cleared when you have replaced the sensor. As TurboGS300 mentioned, you may end up replacing more than one. As they age, their response time changes. Often after replacing one, the computer will start to interpret the others as being too slow. Check Engine, Check Engine, Check Engine.

P.S. The topic has been covered previously as well.