Heater Motor Noise

Booyah

I have an 04 RX330 and This has just started when it seems to be really cold out. But with the heater on it sounds like a bearing going bad at times with a dull sqealing sound I guess? Sounds like its coming from under the dash on the passenger side--Anybody else have issues with this? :cries:

Always something with this flippen car :censored:

I have the same car, lol, bet u thought i was gonna say problem. Anyways, i dont hear anything out of the ordinary, with regular A/C on and heat, i usually hear that low drum noise of the motor. I know that under the dash of hte passenger side is the compartment drawer which behind that is the filter for the air coming in. Maybe its clogged? and the air cant get in. you can pull out the back drawer flap and clean it. check if its dirty either way

• 4 weeks later...

I've had that problem on both of my Lexus ('98 ES300 and '02 RX300) and the dealer replaced the blower motor on each. They tried to blame a clogged air filter, loose fittings, etc... but I have acute hearing and heard a high pitched squeal right at at the same tone as my tinnitus...

I had to moan and groan a couple of times, but it worked and motors were replaced.

I've had that problem on both of my Lexus ('98 ES300 and '02 RX300) and the dealer replaced the blower motor on each. They tried to blame a clogged air filter, loose fittings, etc... but I have acute hearing and heard a high pitched squeal right at at the same tone as my tinnitus...

I had to moan and groan a couple of times, but it worked and motors were replaced.

DId it do it in extreme cold conditions or weather? Also mine seems to do it only when the motor is at its highest fan speed?

Just did a search of inventory. Not many out there in the event you need to purchase one (Used).

Year

Part

Model Description Part

Grade Stock# US

Price Dealer Info

Heater Motor

Lexus RX330 HEATER ASSY W CORES AND BOXES 04543A $500 Diamond Auto Parts - QRP Partner USA-WI(Fond-duLac) E-mail 1-800-236-7731

Heater Motor

Lexus RX330 BLOWER_ASSM 04543A $200 Diamond Auto Parts - QRP Partner USA-WI(Fond-duLac) E-mail 1-800-236-7731

Heater Motor

Lexus RX330 ASSY,FAN LIFETIME WARRANTY A F390 $100 Pam's Auto USA-MN(St-Cloud) E-mail 1-800-560-7336

Heater Motor

Lexus RX330 -4wd 04UP 040122 $75 M and M Service and Salvage Yard Inc. USA-VA(Ruckersville) Request_Quote 1-800-533-4099 Request_Insurance_Quote

Heater Motor

Lexus RX330 -MotorResister,#4993 00-2121(AlmHeatSink 040122 $50 M and M Service and Salvage Yard Inc. USA-VA(Ruckersville) Request_Quote 1-800-533-4099 Request_Insurance_Quote