Is This A Good Deal?

Hello all,

I am brand spanking new to this forum and i guess it couldn't have came at a better time. A little bit about myself i currently leased an 05TL back in July' 05. I'm having to search for a secondary vehicle in order to be used as my primary one in order to keep miles off my TL. Which brings me to the SC-300/400.

I am looking for a coupe and something in the 90's as far as year. I wanna run this by you guys/gals and let e know what you think.

1995 SC-400

101k miles

$7800

Car is in great condition and in A+ shape; It's easy to tell from all the pics that are available that this car has been well maintained and kept up since the very beginning. It has had all the major services done as far as the 7500/15k/30k/60k/ ,etc services done to it. The only thing that i don't know 100% about is whether or not the timing belt has been changed. Should i need to worry about this? What do you think? And is this a good deal? I think it is because the SC-400s that i've seen have been upper $8k and up to $12k. (even with well over 100k miles).

Based on experience from you guys out here, should i be worried about anything major that may break down in the near future?

Any help/opinions/suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

I'm assuming that this might be an internet auction (based on your comment about all the pictures)? If so, I'd of course suggest looking at the car in person if possible. I do some ebay-ing myself and you'd be surprised how good something can look in a photo...Other than that, I know that if I saw that offer locally, I'd say that's a pretty good deal. Not a STEAL, but definitely a good deal. (I'm in East TN) In any case, it sounds like a much nicer "daily driver" than mine (that's what mine was initially...) Probably a great car-these things are troopers, even if they haven't been meticulously maintained.

Lex3486,

Thanks for the quick response. I really appreciate it. And yes this is an internet based deal here. And i was able to go and check it out this morning actually. It's about an hour and 45 min. from where i live. But i was able to check it out and as i described in my last email it's definitely in top condition and the well maintained maintainance of the car was very evident. I was able to take it on a test drive also with the guy. I really wasn't too suprised about seeing something worse or whatever than what the pics revealed b/c their were some GREAT pics that were taken that were far away and also close up. Then again then only thing i wasn't for sure about was the drive and feel of it. And sure enough the ride was smooth and couldn't have asked for a better ride. I definitely understand what you're saying as far as never being sure. You definitely have to make sure everything checks out on it.

So why do you say it's not a STEAL so to speak? I was thinking it is in a way because when i looked on autotrader and did a search there were some with b/t 125-140k miles and they were asking $10 and $11k for the car. And these were like 1993 and 1994 models. I guess locally it's a steal for me based on not find anything else around here for that price or even close. And to be honest about it, he could actually sell that one for a good $8,500 or even $9k. Then again this one is locally but not locally b/c it's still almost a 2 hr. drive away. But i'm assuming you're referring to your area and the deals close to you. And should i expect any major problems out of it in the near future? Let me know.

Thanks again for your response.