Navigation Screen

I own a 2001 GS430 and recently the screen for the navigation system and other options (audio, climate, etc) has been losing it's touch screen capabilities. For example, I am unable to control the climate or audio at times. Besides replacing the whole system, does anyone have any suggestion.... Thx for your help !!

• 2 weeks later...

I own a 2001 GS430 and recently the screen for the navigation system and other options (audio, climate, etc) has been losing it's touch screen capabilities. For example, I am unable to control the climate or audio at times. Besides replacing the whole system, does anyone have any suggestion.... Thx for your help !!

Have you been able to find out what the problem was? I have a friend with a 2001 GS430 with the same problem. Sound don't come on until 5 minutes into the drive than the radio comes on at full blast. Let me if you found out anything thing.

My car has done the same thing a couple of times: sound very low until you touch the volume then sound comes on at full blast - don't think it has to do with touch screen. My car is lexus certified but I can't bring it in due to infrequent happening. Any suggesions?