So Where Do You Put Your Loose Change?

No change holder in my 400h, so where are you guys storing that annoying loose change? Any after market gizmo or storage thingy I can buy to keep it quiet?

Lately I've been putting it in the door handle hole thing, but thats driving me crazy now!

i use the little floor tray at the base of the middle stack between the seats, and the little plastic cubby hole in the middle console, and sometimes the sunglass holder above the rearview mirror and my pockets

No change holder in my 400h, so where are you guys storing that annoying loose change? Any after market gizmo or storage thingy I can buy to keep it quiet?

Lately I've been putting it in the door handle hole thing, but thats driving me crazy now!

That's where I ended up at too. I also keep my cell phone there since I can't bring into work (it has a camera on it and oh-my-good I might take a picture of my desk or something and then EVERYONE would know what a horrible place it is... :o )

I tried the tray in the center, and Both the litte bins down inside the console, but these were not convient to get chage OUT of when I needed it. One of them works OK for the folding kind tho.

I suppose we could all start to carry a purse and put it in the center by moving the console back out of the way... my sales guy went out of his way to demo this feature for me... I'm not sure why :ph34r:

Then, there is an ashtray kit for the RX is there not? Perhaps that would be useful in some way. But, I don't know where it would go. Any smokers out there?

Edited by skyfish400h

I stumbled upon the best way to carry loose change about 15 or 20 years ago. Store clerks and cashiers still make comments such as "what a great idea" or "my husband does that too".

For those of you who have 35mm cameras, you may be used to buying your Kodak film in the small black plastic cannisters with the grey plastic tops. Those empty cannisters make perfect loose change containers. You can pop the cannister into your glove compartment, your hopefully unused ash tray, your door tray, your console tray, or anywhere else you choose to put it.

It's the absolute best way to keep all of your loose change in one small, tightly-contained place. If you don't own a 35mm camera, ask a friend that does to give you a couple of his/her empty film cannisters. They may already understand why you would like to have a couple of them.

The 2006 RX330 has added a coin holder in the center console as one of the minor changes for this year. Perhaps it can be retrofitted to the earlier RX models.

The coin holder that is provided for the RX330 works perfectly in the RX400h. I was able to convince my salesperson to loan me one for my RX 400h.

• 2 months later...