New Mod For My '01 Es

lexusk8

I've been laying low as far as mods go in my '01 ES, but I've patiently gathered all the right parts for the last 3-4 months (had to wait out for the right prices from the right seller) ;) The last of the parts came in just this past weekend, and I immediately got them installed with the help of a friend mechanic who had all the electrical parts and tools. It took us about an hour to do it yesterday. Many thanks to my friend for lending a hand (I'll definitely give him some help next time on his truck and/or Jetta) :)

So without further ado, behold in all its glory: My 2001 ES300 factory HID headlamps (a rare, hard-to-find feature on the ES)

hid-full-off.jpg

hid-pass-close.jpg

hid-dr-close.jpg

Here they are, turned on after a couple of minutes. They instantly flick on, then turn bluish, and gradually turn into white. The remarkable features of HID lighting (not to mention the excellent cutoff) :D

hid-full-on.jpg

hid-pass-on.jpg

Lastly, just a comparison pic with my previous non-HID headlamps.

hid-non-hid.jpg

Any comments or questions about the HID or the install procedure (which is actually pretty straightforward) are much appreciated. Thanks :)

-Doug

BTW, I do not have any nighttime pics since I do not have a tripod for my digicam. But you are better off seeing it in person; HID is like night and day compared to stock halogen or any upgraded aftermarket bulb. Once you go HID, you'll never go back!

The D2R bulbs are 4100K OEM Philips, and the ballasts are the Denso OEM's off of a '04 Lexus IS. Auto-leveling is not included with the bulbs and ballasts, although the feature comes factory with the '00-'01 HID-equipped ES. There is an indicator feature on the HID headlamps themselves where I can manually adjust with a socket wrench to get the correct level.