Rx330 Speaker Install

mcfancy

I plan to replace my existing oem front door sperakers w/ Alpine SPS-690A 6"x9" 3-way car speakers. they are 4oohms and i understand the factory speakers are 2ohms. i have the system w/factory radio, 6cd, nav, , no dvd, not mark Lev. Do the masters see any problem w/this combo? any other suggestions? thanks guys!

I plan to replace my existing oem front door sperakers w/ Alpine SPS-690A 6"x9" 3-way car speakers. they are 4oohms and i understand the factory speakers are 2ohms. i have the system w/factory radio, 6cd, nav, , no dvd, not mark Lev. Do the masters see any problem w/this combo? any other suggestions? thanks guys!

I wouldn't go that route for a couple of reasons. For one, I believe the door speakers are only handling the bass so you don't need a tweeter because it won't produce any sound. If this is not the case and the door speakers do get a full signal, you really don't want to do it because now you have the highs coming from your ankles as well as highs coming from the stock pillar tweeters. Having highs coming from both places will really mess up your sound stage.

In addition, if you go with a 4 ohm speaker, these speakers will get half the power of what the stock 2 ohm ones got so they will be 1/2 as loud.

Why do you want to replace the door speakers? If you want more bass, you should just find a good 6.5" mid what will fit. If you feel the sound quality is not up to par, then your best bet would be to buy component speakers and mount the mids in the doors and put the tweeters where the stock ones currently reside. Even that may be tricky because the stock HU's x-over settings may not fit what the component set's x-over uses.

• 3 years later...