Sc400 Power Steering Hose Replacement

creek

My 93 sc400 has power steering fluid leaking from the hose connection and I was going to remove it to replace it and now I've am confused how the hose comes apart from the pump??? Can someone help me. Also I called the auto parts store and nobody carries the replaceent hose and i called the dealer and they want 550 for a new hose anybody have a cheaper way to go here too.

My 93 sc400 has power steering fluid leaking from the hose connection and I was going to remove it to replace it and now I've am confused how the hose comes apart from the pump??? Can someone help me. Also I called the auto parts store and nobody carries the replaceent hose and i called the dealer and they want 550 for a new hose anybody have a cheaper way to go here too.

I've read on here that some people actually get the used hose repaired. www.luxurymods.com will sell you a new oem toyota/lexus hose for a lot cheaper than $550. They sell it for $360.00 still an expensive part. Its listed under SC-OEM Parts Section.

Check the local junk yards to save money those hoses don't go bad that often but the pumps do, and when the pumps go the fluid leaks right down on to the alternator and for some reason the power steering fluid and the alternator don't play well together... Good luck...