Question On 2000 Es300 Hid Headlight Option.

rnlx

Hi all, I am new to this board. I have a question regarding HID headlight if anyone know, please input.

My car is a 2000 ES300 Platinum (HIP headlight option). Recently it was hit and the Passenger side HID headlight is gone. I don't want to throw out a bunch of $$ at the dealer, so I search for it on the internet but have not found one yet. Seem like I there is NONE, never a real HID headlight out there. So I am thinking of getting a set of none-HID EBay's healight.

This is what I am talking about : Ebay item number 8028290308

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LEXUS-ES300...028290308QQrdZ1

Anyone know if this will work/fit in my car (Dealer option HID)?

Or if anyone know where can I can a passenger side factory option HID for reasonable price, please shread me some light.

Thanks.

Hi all, I am new to this board. I have a question regarding HID headlight if anyone know, please input.

My car is a 2000 ES300 Platinum (HIP headlight option). Recently it was hit and the Passenger side HID headlight is gone. I don't want to throw out a bunch of $$ at the dealer, so I search for it on the internet but have not found one yet. Seem like I there is NONE, never a real HID headlight out there. So I am thinking of getting a set of none-HID EBay's healight.

Or if anyone know where can I can a passenger side factory option HID for reasonable price, please shread me some light.

Thanks.

Go to newlexusparts.com and see what headlight housings they have. If none, email them and they wil get back pretty quick.

Putting a non-HID headlamp into your '00 ES (with a driver side HID headlamp in place) will really throw off the light quality and output. I certainly wouldn't recommend it. I would wait around on Ebay until an HID headlamp is up for grabs (they do come around occasionally).

Putting a non-HID headlamp into your '00 ES (with a driver side HID headlamp in place) will really throw off the light quality and output. I certainly wouldn't recommend it. I would wait around on Ebay until an HID headlamp is up for grabs (they do come around occasionally).

I agree but based on my usage of Ebay lately, I would not waste my time. I have had more issues with sellrs in the past year then it is worth. I would and do pay more from stores online.

Edited by mburnickas

Thanks.

PM members Hoebag and/or omaha_lex on clublexus.com. they are selling their oem HID healight assemblies but without the bulbs and ballsats. hopefully your ballast on the passenger headlight wasn't damaged. you will most likely need to buy 2 new HID bulbs anyways to color match.

khhoang,

Can you help me to get the hold of omaha_lex, and Hoebag. I tried to register to post, reply, PM overthere but I couldn't. Can you post a message for them, or PM them to email me (lan_9999@yahoo.com).

Thanks very much.

============================

On this picture, is #9 the ballast people been talknig about? This is the OEM HID come with the car.

http://www.trademotion.com/schematics/images/8/8908035.gif

Thanks.

============================

Thank you very much every one. You guys are ginving me lot of info.

Thanks.

Just a thought. Anyone know how much exactly 1 OEM HID (passenger side) would cost?

==========================

khhoang,

Can you help me to get the hold of omaha_lex, and Hoebag. I tried to register to post, reply, PM overthere but I couldn't. Can you post a message for them, or PM them to email me (lan_9999@yahoo.com).

Thanks very much.

i will shoot them a PM to get in contact with you.

khhoang sent me a pm on clublexus.. im registered here, but its been a loooong time hehe

well.. i still have the headlights if you want them.. theyre in flawless condition.. pm me :)

my email address is hoebag@covad.net

Edited by HoeBag

khhoang sent me a pm on clublexus.. im registered here, but its been a loooong time hehe

well.. i still have the headlights if you want them.. theyre in flawless condition.. pm me :)

hoebag, he's a new member so he can't send PM at this time. so you guys will have to email each other and share contact info.

khhoang,

Thanks much.

Hoebag,

I saw your hedlight set, khhoang pointed it out. I saw your post that they are off 2001 es300. As I read somewhere on the intenet, the headlight from 2000 is diff from the 2001 but your headlight look so much like mine. Do you know anything regardnig this?

Also, mine HID is not the conversion, it's come with the car since day one. I know that these 2 are diff. Do you nkow anything about this?

Also, I saw your other post on your headlight pin. Can I ask you this question here?

Thanks.

khhoang,

Thanks much.

Hoebag,

I saw your hedlight set, khhoang pointed it out. I saw your post that they are off 2001 es300. As I read somewhere on the intenet, the headlight from 2000 is diff from the 2001 but your headlight look so much like mine. Do you know anything regardnig this?

Also, mine HID is not the conversion, it's come with the car since day one. I know that these 2 are diff. Do you nkow anything about this?

Also, I saw your other post on your headlight pin. Can I ask you this question here?

Thanks.

the oem hid headlights are the same for 2000-2001. there is no "conversion".. these are oem parts and are a direct swap with your existing headlights.. since you already have the hids.. take one headlight off, put the other one on, and put the bulbs in..

headlight pin?