2006 Upgrade For The Navigation System

Reggie

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last night, I put in the 6.1 version in place of my current 4.2 nav dvd in my 2005 GX. I noticed that I can not access the hidden maintenance menu with version 6.1, and now my unit has saved that setting, and I can no longer access the hidden menu after reinstalling the 4.2 dvd.

1) Does anyone know how to completely revert/reset back to version 4.2 so that I can once again use the hidden maintenance screen that is accessed from the Volume screen?

OR MORE IMPORTANTLY

2) Does anyone know where/how the hidden maintenance screen is accessed in version 6.1????

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What hidden maintenance screen and is it applicable to the 07 GX?

Thanks!

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last night, I put in the 6.1 version in place of my current 4.2 nav dvd in my 2005 GX. I noticed that I can not access the hidden maintenance menu with version 6.1, and now my unit has saved that setting, and I can no longer access the hidden menu after reinstalling the 4.2 dvd.

1) Does anyone know how to completely revert/reset back to version 4.2 so that I can once again use the hidden maintenance screen that is accessed from the Volume screen?

OR MORE IMPORTANTLY

2) Does anyone know where/how the hidden maintenance screen is accessed in version 6.1????

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The 6.1 kills the access to the hidden maint screen. You may be able to return to 4.2 by removing the battery ground cable for a few minutes with the 6.1 disk removed.

Ctc me at 2005lexus@myway.com for possible solution.

• 5 months later...
i just upgraded awhile ago with a copy version and everything is straightforward. all it say is dont turn the power off and after a few seconds. its 6.1 version already. but be sure to put the correct map location as default is set i think on location 8 or 9 and i live in california so when i tried searching for walmart its showing 2000 miles away from my current location.

Can you sell a copied version to me?

Appreciate all the information. In trying to piece together all the posts wish someone would outline the differences in the updated version, i.e. improvements, additional mapping information, visual additions. It would also be great is one would advise that the update is worth the cost. We would like to improve our 2004 Gx 470, but to be honest, if the change is not great we will just use our Garmin. Please advise. Thanks. :rolleyes:

Ordered latest update verson from local Lexus dealer today. Will post how it works. Cost 260.00. Installation by dealer is free.

Dealer installed latest navigation version last Thursday. Works perfectly. Noticed newer updated lane and road identifications. Although the disk cost $260.00 ( free installation ) it works well. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Just ordered the NAV update from Sewell Lexus in Dallas today. Cost was $260.01 plus a $40.00 rebate for sending back the old DVD. They also have all season floor mats for $86 plus $9.99 S&H. My local dealer quoted $130. They have a great website and seem to offer fair prices for OEM parts and accessories.

http://www.lexus-parts.com

• 1 year later...

Pardon if this sounds dumb, but I just bought a 2005 RX and I cannot transfer my contact numbers from my IPhone into my phone book. I am curious if the upgrade you are speaking of would help me. Are you saying that it also has the ability to play a DVD thru the nav system?

Thanks for your help

Lee

My local dealer quoted the following:

$1,100 for the upgrade plus $400 for installation.

So, I went to ebay, and found a dealer in Dallas, Texas - Sewell Lexus - selling the 2006 DVD for $288. It arrived today, and was $296, including shipping.

Installation took less than 5 minutes:

1. run the front passenger seat all the way forward

2. turn the ignition to the on position (not running) so the navigation screen is on

3. pop the cover off the navigation system box under the passenger seat (approach it from the rear). Two tabs and the cover is off.

4. Slide the release on the upper left side of the DVD box to the right, and then push it to eject the old DVD.

5. Insert the new DVD, slide the release to close.

6. Pop the cover back on.

7. The screen will tell you to leave power to the DVD navigation system on while it updates. In about two minutes the map screen appears, and you are done.

That means my dealer is charging $4,800 per hour labor for installation!

And, making an $800 profit on the DVD! :chairshot:

• 8 months later...
My local dealer quoted the following:

$1,100 for the upgrade plus $400 for installation.

So, I went to ebay, and found a dealer in Dallas, Texas - Sewell Lexus - selling the 2006 DVD for $288. It arrived today, and was $296, including shipping.

Installation took less than 5 minutes:

1. run the front passenger seat all the way forward

2. turn the ignition to the on position (not running) so the navigation screen is on

3. pop the cover off the navigation system box under the passenger seat (approach it from the rear). Two tabs and the cover is off.

4. Slide the release on the upper left side of the DVD box to the right, and then push it to eject the old DVD.

5. Insert the new DVD, slide the release to close.

6. Pop the cover back on.

7. The screen will tell you to leave power to the DVD navigation system on while it updates. In about two minutes the map screen appears, and you are done.

That means my dealer is charging $4,800 per hour labor for installation!

And, making an $800 profit on the DVD! :chairshot:

Thanks Reggie I'll check it out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi i am new this forum i have read other forum.. I have 2006 modelGX470 anyone have new update navigation system my version 5.1.. And also if theres posibility can change the voice of navigation..Sorry i am new this car i just bought use car last week but i was wondering my navigation system also when i am playing music it should stop the music when the navigation is talking is that right??? coz my brother car Acura MDX when your playing music it stop when the navigation is talking... If anyone have new latest navigation update could u please share it my email add: uremel@hotmail.com thanks... would appreciate it...