Cig Lighter Doesnt Work? How To Fix..

I have a car vacume cleaner that I use, and it plugs into the cig lighter for power.. Same deal with my phone charger.. Only prob is, that my cig lighter doesnt work.. What could be wrong with it, and how can I fix it?

:ph34r: Chris :ph34r:

What 12V power outlet? Asfor the charger and vacuume, they work fine in my Trooper, and the wifes Starlet.. Its the actual lighter that doesnt work, wont even get hot if someone wanted to light a cigarette...

my cigarette lighter is also DEAD....cd battery adapter, cell phone charger (all 4 of my chargers) and the cigarette lighter itself do not work.

i was told it might be the fuse... just didn't know a darn thing about fuses....

by the way, am i supposed to have a fuel pump fuse???

ok Chris and piggyncsu, so it must be in the cig socket, wiring or fuse box.

Pull out the fuse and see if it is corroded or just not set well, or even blown. My CIG fuse is #35 and is a 15 amp. It is in the panel behind the change box to the left of the steering column.

There is another fuse that has CIG on it, but if it were gone so would a whole mess or other things, too.

If it is not the fuse, it may be the prongs in the socket are not making good contact with the contacts on anything that is placed in the socket. A simple test with a volt/ohm meter will answer that one.

piggyncsu, the fuel pump is tied into the fuel delivery system and that has multiple fuses associated with it. If you a concerned if the fuel pump is running or not.....lets just say if the fuel pump wasn't running then they car wouldn't run nor would it even start.

good luck, post what you find.

steveij

Found out why my Gig lighter doesnt work.. When I disconnected the fuse. My Sony CD MD Stereo switched off! Who ever put it in, wired it all up with the Cig Lighter....Anyone know why, and how to fix it?