Door Lights

can anyone help me? when i open my rear doors the lights do not come on. the main light is set to come on when you open any door & it comes on when i open any of the front doors, even the indicator on the dash don't come on when i open the rear doors

Hi Telefunken and other...

After reading carefully your link (Pdf) for Diyer, me too, I am in the same situation...

Both rear door (On my gs400 1998) lock/unlock and window work fine from front control, but when I open any of the rear doors the courtesy light doesn't come on.

Strange. From your link for the pdf, the only test to be made is only for the lock/unlock switch to be verified not the light... (didn't see any mention about light)

So my rear doors lock/unlock work very well but not the light when I open any of the rear door. And I didn't want to pay the stealer over 700$ to have this repaired.

If anybody else find an answer for our problem please let us know...

Thank again

Dantheman

There is no other solution. It is common for all lock functions to work 100%. The door-open switch is internal to the latch assembly as is the lock motor, etc. The door switch sticks.

You may try to test it if you wish, but you will find it is bad. The switch is most easily tested with the latch assembly removed from the door. (See instructions in a previous post)

A. Connect the meter, set for continuity

B. Simulate the open position by activating the door open lever on the latch and rotating the latch claw to the fully open position.

C. Simulate the closed position by rotation the latch claw, two detents, to the fully closed position.

D. See that there is no continuity in either position

E. Say "he told me so"

Testing_Door_Switch.pdf

There is no other solution. It is common for all lock functions to work 100%. The door-open switch is internal to the latch assembly as is the lock motor, etc. The door switch sticks.

You may try to test it if you wish, but you will find it is bad. The switch is most easily tested with the latch assembly removed from the door. (See instructions in a previous post)

A. Connect the meter, set for continuity

B. Simulate the open position by activating the door open lever on the latch and rotating the latch claw to the fully open position.

C. Simulate the closed position by rotation the latch claw, two detents, to the fully closed position.

D. See that there is no continuity in either position

E. Say "he told me so"

You da man. Again.

Keep posting, I learn alot sitting here on the sidelines reading your posts. Good stuff.