Fell At Work Today...its Bad.

ArmyofOne

Well, today i was covering up the mechanics pit in the motor pool. its about a 7 foot drop.

this is it, uncovered, under the truck int his pic:

234.jpg

Well, i went to cover it up with these daimond plate pattern steel covers. i was laying down cover # 3, and i missed the lip and fell right to the bottom. one of my soldiers, on the other side of the pit, was in the bottom of the pit before i hit the bottom, he grabbed me and turned me over. sort of broke my fall. The reason i am here typing this is because of him. if he hadnt acted quickly, i would have crused my skull on the grated floor , and compacted my neck, paralyzing myself. i am not kidding he was there before i hit the ground, i saw him as i fell.

as a result of his actions, i recieved only a cracked shinbone, which is also chipped in 3 places. I smashed it on that little wall that surrounds the pit, to keep liquids from falling into the pit itself. I am REALLY lucky. Without that soldier, i would probably have left on a stretcher, recieved a medical discharge and possibly spent the rest of my life in a wheelchair.

anyways, just thought i woudl share, i am taking prescribed Hydrocodone, and Vicodin. havent taken any yet, i want to wait till tonight when i an done running errands.

i cant even drive my car for a few days at least, as i need both feet. :sad:

We never know what the day has instore for us. I am glad that you are " OK ". I've not spoke with you. But I read and enjoy your posts. And feel that i know you at least a little bit. Best of luck in your recovery. Walt

We never know what the day has instore for us. I am glad that you are " OK ". I've not spoke with you. But I read and enjoy your posts. And feel that i know you at least a little bit. Best of luck in your recovery. Walt

thank you Walt. i appreciate that. I enjoy yours as well. you shouldnt be a stranger. if you ever need anything, PM me.

my leg hurts a little less now, vicodin and hydrocodone are my friends...

I told my wife about your fall, and she said is he looking for a girl friend, I said no since I saw your post the other day. She was trying to find our daughter a new recruit. Anyway take care of that leg, and be very thankful for your fellow soldier saving you. I hate accidents, but I am very glad to hear you are OK.

I told my wife about your fall, and she said is he looking for a girl friend, I said no since I saw your post the other day. She was trying to find our daughter a new recruit. Anyway take care of that leg, and be very thankful for your fellow soldier saving you. I hate accidents, but I am very glad to hear you are OK.

you have a pm my friend.

thank you for your thoughts. i am going to be in pain for quite a bit it ould seem.

Man... glad ur ok. That's a nasty !Removed! fall. The soldier was in the right place at the right time. I hope for a speedy recovery. I hope the rest of the month will get better man. Take care of urself.

Tom

Man... glad ur ok. That's a nasty !Removed! fall. The soldier was in the right place at the right time. I hope for a speedy recovery. I hope the rest of the month will get better man. Take care of urself.

Tom

Army, Godspeed on the recovery, I just went through major surgery (hip replacement, check my avitar) It is all about recovery, recovery, recovery, Don't let it play on your mind too much. Watch out for those pills they are really nasty after a while. Keep your metabilism up, If you work the rest of your body your healing will be accelerated. You'll be better than ever when your healed. ;)

Hi ArmyofOne!! :)

Talk about scary. And you're right - it could have been SO much worse. So much so - in fact - that someone ELSE would have had to tell us about what happened. But... that's not how it turned out and I'm glad. REALLY GLAD. Keep us updated on how you're doing. OK?!

Of course - the worse part of all is not being able to drive for a few days!! :P

Craig!! :)

Ouch, glad you're in one peice!

I certainly have a real good idea what Army is going through. After what I went through you tend to look at life/accidents with a enlightened view. Army will be fine and beleive me he will be more aware of his surroundings because of this and that very well may save his life in the future. Experience, Application, Success. God Bless you Army.

Good lord Josh, you been drinkin' on the job again? :cheers:

Man, glad to hear that you're ok, or at least better than what it could have been! Well, kick back, relax and heal up amigo!

Ouch, glad you're in one peice!

SW, It went textbook, But I certainly have a real good idea what Army is going through. After what I went through you tend to look at life/accidents with a enlightened view. Army will be fine and beleive me he will be more aware of his surroundings because of this and that very well may save his life in the future. Experience, Application, Success. God Bless you Army.

It certianly will. thanks

Good lord Josh, you been drinkin' on the job again? :cheers:

Man, glad to hear that you're ok, or at least better than what it could have been! Well, kick back, relax and heal up amigo!

No no alchohol onthe job....but...now im taking these painkillers... :D

A pharmacist would whoop ur !Removed! if he found booze n those pain killers together. :chairshot:

Feel better bro.

Tom

A pharmacist would whoop ur !Removed! if he found booze n those pain killers together. :chairshot:

Feel better bro.

Tom

who said anything about booze? LOL. the painkillers are out of my system if i drink.

Man Josh, I sure am glad that you are OK. I hope that you get better real soon.

Jill! long time no see! how are things?

I will recover, took my first steps on crutches on friday.

YAY!

hey what part of Penn. are you in?

im in Northern NY. up for a meet?

YAY!

Everything is good here. I sure am glad that you are moving along.

I'm in Pittsburgh. When did you get to NY?

YAY!

i got here on oct. 3rd, 05. im deploying august 1st 06. ill be in the middlesex NJ area in a few weeks, u anywhere near there?

YAY!

i got here on oct. 3rd, 05. im deploying august 1st 06. ill be in the middlesex NJ area in a few weeks, u anywhere near there?

We are pretty far from NY. It is driving distance, but still far. I am not that close to NJ either, Closer then NY, but still not that close. It is about a 8 or 9 hour drive to NY and about a 6 or 7 hour drive to NJ.

YAY!

We are pretty far from NY. It is driving distance, but still far. I am not that close to NJ either, Closer then NY, but still not that close. It is about a 8 or 9 hour drive to NY and about a 6 or 7 hour drive to NJ.

Got your PM ;) I understand completely about the drive. no worries :)