Lower Control Arm

I just went to get an alignment and was told that my lower control arm on the front passenger side is a bit bent. It's also been making clicking noises when I turn to the right or go over rough road. When I turn right and brake it would make two clicking noises when I stop and then two more when I gas again, for instance at a stop sign. I hear the noises every morning when I pull into the parking garage at work.

So, has anyone has their lower control arms replaced? If so how much was it done for?

I just went to get an alignment and was told that my lower control arm on the front passenger side is a bit bent. It's also been making clicking noises when I turn to the right or go over rough road. When I turn right and brake it would make two clicking noises when I stop and then two more when I gas again, for instance at a stop sign. I hear the noises every morning when I pull into the parking garage at work.

So, has anyone has their lower control arms replaced? If so how much was it done for?

Ran across these http://cgi.ebay.com/JDM-Toyota-Aristo-GS30...1QQcmdZViewItem

Sounds like front struts, get second opinion! B)

so do the struts affect the caster or does the lower control arm affect the caster? thanks.

The struts a common problem on the 2nd gen GS's and would make the clicking noise you descibed when accelerating and stopping. However it could be the lower control arm as well. Labor is very expensive to replace the control arm, so I'd want to get the maximum mileage out the replacement control arm that's being installed on the car So I'd only go with a new one. You can check the control arm out by looking at the bushings, seeing if they're worn out. Also jacking up the car and seeing if there is any play from side to side or from front to rear. <_<

so do the struts affect the caster or does the lower control arm affect the caster? thanks.

The struts a common problem on the 2nd gen GS's and would make the clicking noise you descibed when accelerating and stopping. However it could be the lower control arm as well. Labor is very expensive to replace the control arm, so I'd want to get the maximum mileage out the replacement control arm that's being installed on the car So I'd only go with a new one. You can check the control arm out by looking at the bushings, seeing if they're worn out. Also jacking up the car and seeing if there is any play from side to side or from front to rear. <_<

I would definetly buy new myself, Just came across them and posted for the heluvit. I wouls also replace both sides but that is just me. ;)

No idea what lower control arm costs but I had my upper control arm replaced with a used part for 350....250 part, 100 labor. New control arm from dealer $475!!!!!!

If you want to go used..check out this site www.car-part.com

I just ran a search and a used lower control arm for 98 gs300 had a high price of 150 and low price of 75...call, do your research

$475 for a piece of 5 pound metal UGH!

I would definetly buy new myself, Just came across them and posted for the heluvit. I wouls also replace both sides but that is just me. ;)

thank you all for your help. i hope i can be a help to you guys in the future. thanks again.