Good Set Of Tires For 2000 Es300

2000esplat

Hello,

I am in the market for new tires for my 2000 ES300. Currently I have the Mastercraft 205/60 R16 Avenger LSR's on the car. I drive a lot so I am looking for good quality tires, not necessarily ones that give a quiet ride, but durable long lasting ,that do well in the snow.

I spoke to the Lexus dealer who offers two brands (I did not get the specific model names) Bridgestone and Michelin. The Bridgestone are $128.00 a piece and Michelin are $173.00. According to the dealer the Bridgestone would be better for what I am looking for; they are more durable while the Michelin give a softer rider. The total for having the Michelins put on is $962.00, which is ridiculous.

I spoke to a local tire shop that I trust, in regards to the most durable they suggested the Goodyear Assurance tires which are rated for 80K miles. At $102.95 a piece, they would charge $484.69 to put the tires on. He also said that he could order the Mastercraft tires.

I would like to get everyone's expertise on the following questions: Are Goodyear tires good? What about Mastercraft? How about Bridgestone or Michelin?

I bought the car with 70K miles on it, Mastercraft were the tires that were on it. They do terrible in the snow, but no other complaints. Twice I have gotten nails stuck in them, one time the nail was not in the thread. But each time I have had them patched and they work great other than driving in snow or ice. Thanks.

Goodyear tires are A#1. GOodyear owns market share in about every other major, or minor tire company, and has invested many times more money in R&D than the other major brands.

Go to the tirerack.com & read some tire reviews.

AFA performance tires, Goodyear's F1 DS-D3 just ate it up in a Car and Driver test of performance street tires.

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?se...&page_number=13

About anything will work, but you really need to stop going to the dealer, Jesus Christ, you could put rims on your car with tires for $962.00.

Hello,

I am in the market for new tires for my 2000 ES300. Currently I have the Mastercraft 205/60 R16 Avenger LSR's on the car. I drive a lot so I am looking for good quality tires, not necessarily ones that give a quiet ride, but durable long lasting ,that do well in the snow.

I spoke to the Lexus dealer who offers two brands (I did not get the specific model names) Bridgestone and Michelin. The Bridgestone are $128.00 a piece and Michelin are $173.00. According to the dealer the Bridgestone would be better for what I am looking for; they are more durable while the Michelin give a softer rider. The total for having the Michelins put on is $962.00, which is ridiculous.

I spoke to a local tire shop that I trust, in regards to the most durable they suggested the Goodyear Assurance tires which are rated for 80K miles. At $102.95 a piece, they would charge $484.69 to put the tires on. He also said that he could order the Mastercraft tires.

I would like to get everyone's expertise on the following questions: Are Goodyear tires good? What about Mastercraft? How about Bridgestone or Michelin?

I bought the car with 70K miles on it, Mastercraft were the tires that were on it. They do terrible in the snow, but no other complaints. Twice I have gotten nails stuck in them, one time the nail was not in the thread. But each time I have had them patched and they work great other than driving in snow or ice. Thanks.

WOW, that is a lot of $$$ for tires. I got mastercraft for my sister for $50 each. Assurance were like $7X for my car (all installed).

What size tires? I know wholesale for my stock size tires (even 60 size) there are not many over $80 each installed.

Hello,

I put a set of the Assurance's on my 99 ES and I love them. Smooth as glass, quiet and they hold the road. Really nice tread pattern (like sport tires). Has the best overall rating you can get at tirerack.com. From what I undersantd the center of the tread pattern has a compound made with pumice (volcanic rock) and works well on ice. I see them on a lot of cars now. I've had them for about 3Kmi. so far. Time will tell how well the hold up.

Edited by showgun

Hello,

I put a set of the Assurance's on my 99 ES and I love them. Smooth as glass, quiet and they hold the road. Really nice tread pattern (like sport tires). Has the best overall rating you can get at tirerack.com. From what I undersantd the center of the tread pattern has a compound made with pumice (volcanic rock) and works well on ice. I see them on a lot of cars now. I've had them for about 3Kmi. so far. Time will tell how well the hold up.

Thanks for all the comments. The size of the tires is 205/60R16. I did a search of tires on this site and narrowed my list to Bridgestone, Michelin, and Toyo. I also spoke to my dad who drives a LS400 and did a price comparison between Lexus dealer, local tire shop and Sam's club.

Local tire shop Michelin MXV4-$134.95 a piece, 4 tires-$620.37. Bridgestone Turanza EL41-$99.95 a piece, 4 tires-$471.00 Toyo $104.95 apiece, 4 tires -$493.00.

Sam's club-Sams does not sell Bridgestone or Toyo. Michelin MXV4-$134.04 a piece.

Lexus dealer-Michelin MXV4-$173.00 a piece. Bridgestone Potenza RE92-$135.00 a piece.

Decided to go with the Bridgestone Turanza EL41 tires. I am going to get them this Sat. Again, I appreciate the help.

2000esplat, I have moved your thread to the proper forum.

Please view the other threads that are similar to your question. Tire selection is a poplular topic on this website, so we have a whole forum devoted to it.

Don't go with the Bridgestone RE92, absolutely the worst tire ever made.

check out www.tirerack.com for much better pricing, and they will even coordinate with a shop near you to do the installation. Getting tires from the dealership will cost you more than you need to spend. Look at local big name tire stores.

steviej

2000esplat, I have moved your thread to the proper forum.

Please view the other threads that are similar to your question. Tire selection is a poplular topic on this website, so we have a whole forum devoted to it.

Don't go with the Bridgestone RE92, absolutely the worst tire ever made.

check out www.tirerack.com for much better pricing, and they will even coordinate with a shop near you to do the installation. Getting tires from the dealership will cost you more than you need to spend. Look at local big name tire stores.

steviej

Much better tires out there than the toyo also, triple treads are great falkens ziex 512 will save you a ton of money also. but check it out not the toyos or 900.00 for tires please!

Thanks for all the comments. The size of the tires is 205/60R16. I did a search of tires on this site and narrowed my list to Bridgestone, Michelin, and Toyo. I also spoke to my dad who drives a LS400 and did a price comparison between Lexus dealer, local tire shop and Sam's club.

Local tire shop Michelin MXV4-$134.95 a piece, 4 tires-$620.37. Bridgestone Turanza EL41-$99.95 a piece, 4 tires-$471.00 Toyo $104.95 apiece, 4 tires -$493.00.

Sam's club-Sams does not sell Bridgestone or Toyo. Michelin MXV4-$134.04 a piece.

Lexus dealer-Michelin MXV4-$173.00 a piece. Bridgestone Potenza RE92-$135.00 a piece.

Decided to go with the Bridgestone Turanza EL41 tires. I am going to get them this Sat. Again, I appreciate the help.

I bought Toyo's TPT last year at $70 each installed and that was wholesale. Same tire now is about $50 each installed.

Based on the prices. They doubled (and the MXV$ more). I hope they say thanks andn smile when you leave.....LOL

I bought Toyo's TPT last year at $70 each installed and that was wholesale. Same tire now is about $50 each installed.

Based on the prices. They doubled (and the MXV$ more). I hope they say thanks andn smile when you leave.....LOL

Thanks for all the comments. I am going to go to a local tire shop and go with the Turanza. I agree with everyone, dealers are good for some things, others their prices are overboard.

• 2 weeks later...

If your replacing them with the same size......Goodyear Assurance Triple Treads, hands down! It's what I have recently installed on my 01 ES. B) have a look for yourself....

http://www.goodyearassurance.com/

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...ance+TripleTred

:cheers: