Tune Up

choiboyogg

i have just under 113,000 miles.

i need to get the car serviced.

just wondering what i should get done.

i figure, timing belt and water pump

i need to change out my power steering high pressure hose which has been leaking. so i think my alternator might need to be changed also.

change out engine, transmission and differential oil

spark plug? spark wires?

new tires

distributor? distributor cap?

coolant flush

anything else?

Edited by choiboyogg

Well i wouldn't change the Altenator if it's not broken. Ur just throwing money away if its still operating. But yea... u might want to get that checked out.

It seems like ur going to do a full tune up huh. Check the brake pads n rotors... n perhaps bleed the brakes... since everyone should b taking the brake fluid out of their systems... one of the most neglected things.

R u DIY or r u sending it to a mechanic? Do u have money to burn or r u trying to save money? How is the ride?

O yea... n since ur doing timing belt might as well get the serpentine belt changed while ur at it.

if you are doing the timing belt may as well do the sparkplugs and wires! and if you are doing the plugs and wire may as well do the rotors and caps! and as for the alternator i've seen a if on a aussie(i think) website that involves using a clorox container to shield the alternator form the leakage, but (personal expirence) the lucas PS fluid may fix the leak if it is in the upper return hose? worked for me, not sure how bad the leak is though. may also wanna clean the throttle body, it has to be removed. coolant flush is also a good idea.

I agree... u might as well clean the Throttle body as well. Change the Air Filter if not clean. If ur going to change the pressure hose... clean the solenoid filter. In the forum... people have said that it helped a lot. But it depends... r u doing it yourself? Or r u paying someone to do this. N u dont necessarily need to have some of the suggestion done all at once... or rather my suggestions done all at once.

However... i dont know if those additives for fixing leaks r a good idea. From wut i have heard... but everyone has different opinions.... they can clog up stuff in ur P/S system. So after my P/S pump failed a few yrs back... i have vowed never to use it again.

I agree... u might as well clean the Throttle body as well. Change the Air Filter if not clean. If ur going to change the pressure hose... clean the solenoid filter. In the forum... people have said that it helped a lot. But it depends... r u doing it yourself? Or r u paying someone to do this. N u dont necessarily need to have some of the suggestion done all at once... or rather my suggestions done all at once.

However... i dont know if those additives for fixing leaks r a good idea. From wut i have heard... but everyone has different opinions.... they can clog up stuff in ur P/S system. So after my P/S pump failed a few yrs back... i have vowed never to use it again.

makes sense to me! good looking out, definately gonna look into these allegations.