Remote Entry

I just bought a 1993 GS300. The remote entry works sometimes. I can get the door to unlock if I hold the button down above the rear window. It is kind of a pain. Sometime it does not work. Does anyone else have the problem? I was thinking of changing the remote sensor but do not want to do it until I need too. I was thinking it might be cheaper to go ahead and install a aftermarket alarm. However, I would prefer to keep the factory system if I can. All comments are appreciated. Thanks...

I just bought a 1993 GS300. The remote entry works sometimes. I can get the door to unlock if I hold the button down above the rear window. It is kind of a pain. Sometime it does not work. Does anyone else have the problem? I was thinking of changing the remote sensor but do not want to do it until I need too. I was thinking it might be cheaper to go ahead and install a aftermarket alarm. However, I would prefer to keep the factory system if I can. All comments are appreciated. Thanks...

Put a new battery in the key fob.

Put a new battery in the key fob.

I already changed the battery. I should have mentioned that before. Thanks....

I notice that when I hold the key above the rear window the door will unlock. However, it will not work elsewhere even right next to the door. I should work within 1 meter of the door according to the owners manual. Does anyone else have the same issue? Thanks.

There has no apparent broken or disconnected grids in the rear window. The car and rear window are in mostly perfect condition. I notice that I have a problem with both of my remotes so it's likely not the remote. I just tried again and when I hold the remote touching right on top of the rear window it works every time. Do you know where the reciever is located? It seems like it is just not getting the signal. I wonder if something is not grounded or there is something loose from the rear window to the receiver? Thanks for your help