Minor Issues With '06 Gs300 Awd

I have an '06 GS300 AWD and I have a couple minor issues that I hope someone can help me with.

#1 - The default value for MPG average on this car is set for a tank-by-tank average that automatically resets after each refueling. I would like to have an option of monitoring MPG average over a longer period of time than each refueling, but cannot find anything in the owner's manual that would allow me to alter this. The dealer had no helpful answer on this. Is this the only setting for monitoring MPG other than the "old-fashioned" manual method?

#2 - I experienced an intermittent problem with the keyless entry feature. For reasons unknown to me, and at random times, I will approach my GS300 with the keyless remote in my pocket and the doors will not open when I touch the back of the door handle. This will stay that way for a couple 2 or 3 days and then, just as inexplicably, I will approach the car and it works as advertised. The only possible connection is that it seems to occur when it gets colder (below freezing).

Has anyone else experienced this?

#3 - My driver side seatbelt locked up and had to be replaced by the dealer. They intimated that this has been a reported problem with the 2006 GS models. It was a quick fix, the dealer was awesome, but I still had to go there and alter my schedule to preserve my safety. I'm passing this along in case others have experienced similar issue.

JSL

• 1 month later...

Hi! I had an '06 GS300 AWD that had a build date of 6/05 that I just recently traded on a '06 RX330 for space reasons -

My GS had a tempermental unlocking system as well, the entire time I owned it from 7/05 to 2/06 - it would sometimes not be able to unlock as you describe with either the front driver door or the rear driver door. I could see in the car and it was saying on the dash "key not detected" - maybe there is a software update available - but perhaps the colder temps did affect it.

My GS had the most vague steering of any "sport" type car I ever owned. I constantly felt as though I was weaving on the highway. I had traded an '04 Toyota Sequioa on it and I had no problem with that, perhaps because the steering in that was not as sensitive. I've previously owned BMWs and I never had a problem with those cars either. So I'm at a loss on that. I don't feel "weavy" in my RX.

All I can say is refer it to your dealer and see if they may have a software upgrade.

Mark