Ls 400 In Salvage Yard

sapper_daddy

Hey everyone today i went to a HUGE junk yard and there was ONE LS there. I gave the guy ten bucks and he said take what you want.... The interior is shot unless you have to have some plastic, it's all maroon interior though. There really isn't much to get either, but if there is something that someone has to have and is in a tight spot for, post a reply and let me see what i can do.

Hey sapper, thanks for the kind offer.

Can you tell how deep the Lexus was submerged? I imagine they don't float very well :lol: I need a small electrical component, so I realize I might be aout of luck but I'll take a shot.

I don’t know what it looks like, but I need a small piece that can be found in the power mirror controls. It's probably a plastic part with contacts that is behind the Left-Right switch. It would make contact with the circuit board.

I'll take the piece

post-21109-1136887977_thumb.jpg

or the whole control section

post-21109-1136888010_thumb.jpg

The easiest thing to do would be to pry out the entire outer mirror control assembly from the dash (takes no time at all), and disconnect the two sets of wires (one to the up-down-left-right switch, the other to the Left-Right switch) from the back of the housing holding the green circuit board. I'll take it intact.

Thanks again for you time and offer

Hey sapper, thanks for the kind offer.

Can you tell how deep the Lexus was submerged? I imagine they don't float very well :lol: I need a small electrical component, so I realize I might be aout of luck but I'll take a shot.

I don’t know what it looks like, but I need a small piece that can be found in the power mirror controls. It's probably a plastic part with contacts that is behind the Left-Right switch. It would make contact with the circuit board.

I'll take the piece

post-21109-1136887977_thumb.jpg

or the whole control section

post-21109-1136888010_thumb.jpg

The easiest thing to do would be to pry out the entire outer mirror control assembly from the dash (takes no time at all), and disconnect the two sets of wires (one to the up-down-left-right switch, the other to the Left-Right switch) from the back of the housing holding the green circuit board. I'll take it intact.

Thanks again for you time and offer

okay well it had a chance to soak in about nine feet of water but i'll snag it for ya. it probably won't match in color but there is a vinyl die that dupont makes that you can get a pint or so mixed up and then spray it, prolly coat you about twenty bucks or so. Don't get the sem tek stuff it only works on soft vinyl! unless you just need that little socket. Uh it might work you may just have to clean it or use some chemicals on whatever contacts it has. But i will see what i can do!

sapper-

I appreciate the effort. The color match is no problem, as all I need is the little plastic part behind the L-R switch. If you can snag that, cool. Otherwise I'll just be tossing the outer control assy in the trash after I get that part out.

Edited by j.barleycorn

let me know if you can pick up any of these 3 parts:

the plastic bezel surrounding the gear selector shifter handle, it's all one piece (learned that the hard way trying to disassemble my center console!)

rear passenger side door weatherstrip, the actual weatherstrip on the inside edge of the door itself

an original positive battery terminal clamp, the one down there might be corroded, but it should clean up nicely with a little media blast

uh i think i can do the plastic bezel. everything thing else is toast though, i'll get back to ya

Can you get the hood and drivers side front fender if they are in good condition?

i know this is gonna suck but the hood is buckled and the fender isn't dented it just looks like someone ran a serious grinder down the side of it.......i'll try to post some pictures

Can you snag the subwoofer for me? I don't care if it's shot. I need the bracket that houses the sub. Thanks!

yeah i can see what i can do.........i couldn't get in trunk last time and i didn't want to mess anything up! but i'll pull up the back deck and see if i can get it out that way

Hi, let me know if you can pick up any of the following parts:

In the engine bay, I need the right and left plastic covers, highlighted in red in this picture:

post-22441-1137253724_thumb.jpg

I also need a plastic air deflector from underneath the driver's side of the car. It takes 3 10mm bolts. It

is in the upper half of the 2nd picture - you can see it has about 5 vertical openings to allow air through.

post-22441-1137253980_thumb.jpg

I also need the screws/bolts for the above. Please let me know if you have any questions at vgb1@yahoo.com. Thank you.

Edited by 91LS400vgb

uh the plastic covers are missing i know that much but i can probably get that other plastic cover!

any one else! i'm gonna try to make one trip if i can so let me know, like i said it's almost all trashed but i can get some stuff i think.

Hi, let me know if you can pick up any of the following parts:

In the engine bay, I need the right and left plastic covers, highlighted in red in this picture:

post-22441-1137253724_thumb.jpg

I also need a plastic air deflector from underneath the driver's side of the car. It takes 3 10mm bolts. It

is in the upper half of the 2nd picture - you can see it has about 5 vertical openings to allow air through.

post-22441-1137253980_thumb.jpg

I also need the screws/bolts for the above. Please let me know if you have any questions at vgb1@yahoo.com. Thank you.

Hi there,

can you get the passenger side power door lock switch and the bezel? My brother needs 1 for his 90 LS.

thanks

Hi,

I guess the front passenger side headlight assembly is usable? If so, is is still available?

Thanks

VH

91 LS400

yep i can get both of those although the switch might not work an it's possible the headlight is full of gulf salt water

Sapper,

Sorry Blake and I missed you at lunch today. Blake is a fine guy and I was most impressed, to say the least. I admire what you and your comrades are doing for our country, more than you know. I salute you............. We will meet someday soon and I will do it in person. HOOYA!!! God Bless and keep you guys safe. :cheers:

Yeah i'm sorry i couldn't make it either. I'm actually at work right now. it's slow but i have to stay present! I'm glad the meet went good! Thanks for the pride in the military and i'm looking forward to a lexus meet in the future!

Sapper,

Sorry Blake and I missed you at lunch today. Blake is a fine guy and I was most impressed, to say the least. I admire what you and your comrades are doing for our country, more than you know. I salute you............. We will meet someday soon and I will do it in person. HOOYA!!! God Bless and keep you guys safe. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

let me know if you can pick up any of these 3 parts:

the plastic bezel surrounding the gear selector shifter handle, it's all one piece (learned that the hard way trying to disassemble my center console!)

rear passenger side door weatherstrip, the actual weatherstrip on the inside edge of the door itself

an original positive battery terminal clamp, the one down there might be corroded, but it should clean up nicely with a little media blast

Do you know what the Gear Selector Shifter Handle looks like? Color? Shape? If it is good condition, could you let me know next steps?

Thanks,

Jimi "Leximus"

Don't know what the status of available parts its but would love to get the Air Intake Connector Pipe. I am unable to attach a pic but the sequence of parts around it are the Air Cleaner (air filter housing) followed by the Air Flow Meter, followed by Intake Pipe (this is what I want) which is connected to the Throttle Body.

Contact me at rtd111@gmail.com if this part is available.

Thanx.

Less important but desirable is the solenoid on the steering rack.

Don't know what the status of available parts its but would love to get the Air Intake Connector Pipe. I am unable to attach a pic but the sequence of parts around it are the Air Cleaner (air filter housing) followed by the Air Flow Meter, followed by Intake Pipe (this is what I want) which is connected to the Throttle Body.

Contact me at rtd111@gmail.com if this part is available.

Thanx.

Less important but desirable is the solenoid on the steering rack.

okay it's on the list, i'm about two weeks behind getting to this stuff, but i'm still adamate about seeing if i can get a bunch of stuff off of it