1993 Gs 300 Headlight Problems

hi

I've got a problem with my headlights. Both sides go off and on in dim mode. I changed bulbs but the problem continued. It seems that there is a problem with the sockets. I jiggled and pushed (I hope this isn't a family oriented forum) and jiggled and pushed somemore then I got back to the headlights where I continued to jiggle and push the socket onto the bulb. This seemed to make the drivers side work better but the passenger side still continued to go off after driving for a while on these dumb !Removed! mother friggin snow ice covered streets. I can get it to come back on by the jiggle and push method but after driving for awhile it goes off again. Seems like the connection is lost after some vibration.

Could the problem be originating elsewhere? Can anyone give me more info on this? Does anyone have a wiring diagram and illustration of the wiring harness?

Your input is much apreciated and if you live in the northwest and love to board or ski. Red Mountain at Rossland BC has awesome conditions. I need my headlights working to get there pronto.

You'll have to replace the connector or remove the terminal inside the connector, resolder them to the wires and make them tighter, use some epoxy or melt the plastic to make them secure in their sockets. <_<

thanks for the reply. I tried taking the connectors apart but could not figure out how to get them apart. Also I tried buying new connectors. 780CDN for the the harness. lexus doesn't sell just the connectors other people don't sell here either. so back to jiggling and pushing. I'll look on the net for them. thanks again

You'll have to replace the connector or remove the terminal inside the connector, resolder them to the wires and make them tighter, use some epoxy or melt the plastic to make them secure in their sockets. <_<

thanks for the reply. I tried taking the connectors apart but could not figure out how to get them apart. Also I tried buying new connectors. 780CDN for the the harness. lexus doesn't sell just the connectors other people don't sell here either. so back to jiggling and pushing. I'll look on the net for them. thanks again

Problem fixed. Went to the wrecker and ripped out headlight wire sockets from-guess what-a GM. They use the 9006 bulb in some of their vehicles. Then I soldered the sockets onto the headlight wires in the lexus and yeah baby it worked. Only cost me the time cause the wrecker didn't want anything for the sockets.