Gas Milage?

gmantob

:blushing: i have a 93 LS400 with 145000, my gas milage is 12-13 city,i had the timing belt, plugs,wires,cap,rotor,vaules adjusted,o2 sensors where change in the last 5 month. i get about 230 miles on a full tank of 93 octane.

thats not that bad, i dont think...it is an older car...maybe have the intake cleaned/seafoam it.

Blake gets 28.5MPG in his 1995, and he ahs 270K, but thats highway mileage.

Your mileage per gallon seems too low to me.

I also have a 93 LS 400. My car has about 134,000 miles on it.

I have to admit that I do very little city driving. I usually get around 375 miles on a fill-up. My miles per gallon is normally 21-22.

Army's suggestion sounds logical to me.

:blushing: i have a 93 LS400 with 145000, my gas milage is 12-13 city,i had the timing belt, plugs,wires,cap,rotor,vaules adjusted,o2 sensors where change in the last 5 month. i get about 230 miles on a full tank of 93 octane.

thats not that bad, i dont think...it is an older car...maybe have the intake cleaned/seafoam it.

Blake gets 28.5MPG in his 1995, and he ahs 270K, but thats highway mileage.

SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT??? i did clean the throttle body throat

Blake's model year is newer with more horespower and is lighter and he keeps the car in tip-top shape.

I use to get 13-15 mpg.........then had 'precision tune auto care' done this on the car:

1. Fuel Injection Service_ "The injectors - particularly the injector nozzles - exist in an environment where tremendous heat is generated. The burning of the fuel leaves hardened carbon deposits on piston valves and fuel injector nozzle heads that interferes with the spray pattern and flow of fuel. At Precision Tune Auto Care, we introduce a liquid cleaning agent into the injection nozzle. This dissolves the carbon deposits and restores proper fuel flow into the combustion chamber."

2. Air induction system service_ "Heat causes build up of carbon and varnish in your car’s engine and the crusted deposits act as a sponge soaking up fuel and restricting air flow. The results are poor engine efficiency, high stress on critical engine components and higher levels of toxic emissions. We introduce a special cleaning agent into the intake manifold with the engine running. This agent dissolves the carbon deposits, which are then emitted out of the tail pipe."

Along with transmission and differential fluid change and few other regular maintenance things.

Right after the cleaning/work, the car was driven strictly on highway for around 600 miles and it got 25 MPG!!!!!!

But now I get 18 mpg in city and 21 mpg on hwy like what it is suppose to.

I think the majority of the problem was solved by air induction system service.

Did you change air filter & fuel filter also ? Its are most responsible parts of fuel consumption.

Second: try to clean iniectors using special liquid.

Third: How are you driving your car - "binary" stop -> hard start -> brakes -> hard acceleration -> stop ? If yes - it is a normal that car will take a lot of gas.

Fourth: How long is usually your one trip ? (if very short - it is a normal...)

It sounds like you have done a great tune-up, so I would try cleaning the throttle body and some injector cleaner (maybe a new fuel filter too). If that doesn't help any, you just gotta lay off the throttle! ;) I don't accelerate past 2,000 rpms, and I see 18-20mpg in the city. ;) Your hwy fuel econ is directly proportional to a steady speed, whether it's 70 or 85, just set auto pilot and your fuel needle will hardly move! I routinely get about 27mpg on the freeway because of strict cruise control usage....

post-1461-1136591504_thumb.jpg

The local toyota dealer told me, it was not necessary to change fuel filters on Toyota vehicles, because they last forever he said.........:whistles: . So, I didn't bother spending extra $90.

You're right, but it's worth a try. I was shocked when I took my car in to have the fuel filter changed as a maintinance item, but they wouldn't do it. A Lexus dealer turned down service, there is a first for everything!! If you go DIY, the filter is only like $25, and I don't think it's too bad of a job on the first gen.

:cheers:

my sister's b/f's 93SC400 was getting the same gas mileage. But when we swapped my MAF... it improved drastically. He had no trouble code or n e thing telling him his MAF was going. I guess it was crapping out or something like that.

I live in NYC... n wit the fuel prices these days... n i checked today... $2.74 or $2.77 :wacko: :cries: realli hurts ur wallet. Thank god... i fueled up earlier this week where it was 10 cents cheaper... i guess just a couple of bucks... but i'm broke... so n e dollar i save helps. But i think i'm getting around 17mpg or 18mpg in City.

lol... maniek... ur right... i absolutely forgot about u guys :chairshot:

I must admit... it does suck for u guys to have to pay so much for gas. I think Canada also pays quite a lot... cause i remember seeing a lot of Montreal people driving all the way down to Plattsburgh to buy groceries n other stuff n filling up on gas. Well... u might as well fill up since it's cheaper eh?

.. wit the fuel prices these days... n i checked today... $2.74 or $2.77 :wacko::cries: realli hurts ur wallet.

:blink: Let's visit europe :cries: and buy one galon of gas for 4,50-4,70 USD :cries:

one litre, thats a about quarter of a gallon

.. wit the fuel prices these days... n i checked today... $2.74 or $2.77 :wacko::cries: realli hurts ur wallet.

:blink: Let's visit europe :cries: and buy one galon of gas for 4,50-4,70 USD :cries:

That's the price ya gotta pay for all those "free" social services.

Maniek, how much cheaper is diesel?

Prices per liter (gallon is 4,55 liters)

PB 95 ~ 1,17USD/liter

PB 98 ~ 1,29 USD/liter

ON (diesel) ~ 1.17USD/liter (from about 4 months diesel is like PB95)

LPG ~ 0,68USD/liter

My car is converted to LPG :D and takes 20 liters/100km