Front End Vibration

I have a 2000 Lexus GS300 Platinum Editon that makes a loud vibration and the front brakes seem to lock up any one know of this problem.

check for a seized caliper slide pin on the front calipers, most of the time the dust boot are left not covering the pin after a brake repair and over time this cause moisture and dirt to get into them and seize them in place, and it will cause you exact concern.

I have a 2000 Lexus GS300 Platinum Editon that makes a loud vibration and the front brakes seem to lock up any one know of this problem.

check for a seized caliper slide pin on the front calipers, most of the time the dust boot are left not covering the pin after a brake repair and over time this cause moisture and dirt to get into them and seize them in place, and it will cause you exact concern.

Thanks for the reply I have since taken my car to the Lexus dealer and was told the calipers needed to be replace which I don't understand the car only has a little over 51,000 miles. This is my 3rd Lexus, I previously owned a 1995 and 1998 ES300 never had a problem sold the 1995 to a friend with 110,000 miles never had a problem but normal wear and tear my friend still owns the car and he is very happy. Desided to trade up for the GS300 but seems this was a bad choice.

Thanks for the reply I have since taken my car to the Lexus dealer and was told the calipers needed to be replace which I don't understand the car only has a little over 51,000 miles. This is my 3rd Lexus, I previously owned a 1995 and 1998 ES300 never had a problem sold the 1995 to a friend with 110,000 miles never had a problem but normal wear and tear my friend still owns the car and he is very happy. Desided to trade up for the GS300 but seems this was a bad choice.

Personally they all great cars and i definally like the GS over the ES both in style and performance, thats just me.... :)

Its a very common thing on the GS with the pins seized in place due to a misplaced boot. if you dont mind me asking, which dealer did you bring your car to?

Personally they all great cars and i definally like the GS over the ES both in style and performance, thats just me.... :)

Its a very common thing on the GS with the pins seized in place due to a misplaced boot. if you dont mind me asking, which dealer did you bring your car to?

I took my car to Lexus of Rockville Centre in New York

The standard response from a Lexus dealership.....why fix it when you can pay 3x to replace it?? It's the slider pins, they just need a little grease. Not sure if you're a DIY type or not, but it's not a hard fix at all. You could probably take to an indi-shop and tell them exactly what to do, and they'd do it for probably $100.

I took my car to Lexus of Rockville Centre in New York

How do you like the service department ?