Es 300

amedo

not the first time lexus turns there back on there customers.just like the dash lights that burn out like crazy and they did nothing.im very suprized with them and cant beleave they wouldnt fix the problem since they strive for customer service but ive yet to see any good customer service from them.you guys that have that problem just have to keep on complaining and maybe file some sort of law suit on them and get alot of people together that have that problem.may then you will get lucky and they will fix the trans

They're working on a fix for the transmission, it should be out by fall. Its simply a computer problem, thats all. The slow wait has been designing a fix that would still allow the car to be ULEV certified.

As for the needles, in all honesty I can see their position. Dash lights are a wear item, they're an item that was never designed to last forever. They're light bulbs, light bulbs burn out. Replacing dash lights is something everyone who owns a car should expect to have to do. They cost a forune from Lexus, but then again, so does everything else. I see it as a sort of "thats life" deal. I can understand why Lexus feels no responsibility to pay for burned out light bulbs in cars, most of which are 10 years old, or older. it'll cost those of us with HID lights $250 to replace them if and when they fail when the car is 10 years old. Know what, Lexus won't pay for that either.

And they did change the design of the gauges, so the needle can be replaced seperately in later model cars, thus reducing the cost to the owner.

Well, on the topic of replacing the needles, I've noticed on my aunt's 99 that the needles, altough they do light up all the time as do the earlier models', they no longer are illuminated by tons of tiny light bulbs within the needles themselves (as I've learned the earlier models are); rather, they are just like any other car in that they have a standard light bulb at the base of them, and therefore are much easier and cheaper to replace, if need be. Good on cost, bad on luxury, if you ask me; the guages on these cars have always been something I liked about them, even if they don't last forever! I like how they light up so bright and "crisp" Okay, if anyone thinks that "crisp" thing is weird, I wouldn't blame them! :P

Well, on the topic of replacing the needles, I've noticed on my aunt's 99 that the needles, altough they do light up all the time as do the earlier models', they no longer are illuminated by tons of tiny light bulbs within the needles themselves (as I've learned the earlier models are); rather, they are just like any other car in that they have a standard light bulb at the base of them, and therefore are much easier and cheaper to replace, if need be. Good on cost, bad on luxury, if you ask me; the guages on these cars have always been something I liked about them, even if they don't last forever! I like how they light up so bright and "crisp" Okay, if anyone thinks that "crisp" thing is weird, I wouldn't blame them! :P

The needles are actually very tiny florsescent tubes, they're not lit at the center like normal cars. At least not on my 03, or on the LSs I've driven.