What's The Best Color?

i just got mine 2 weeks ago...i got it in glacier frost....the color i must say is SWEET..

u have to see it to believe it..its like cotton candy blue...i get a lot of compliments on the car

as well as the color...anyone buying the IS..i recommend the glacier frost..it turns alot of heads :D

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just picked up the Glacier Frost Mica w/ Sterling and it's so gorgeous! I am in total love!

Haven't seen one in person, but it looks kinda pinkish in the catalogs.

Is it pinkish in person?

not at all. it's more of a silvery bluish pearl color.

I'm at the - "OK I'm gonna buy one, now what color should I get?" - stage, and I'd like to know what color YOU chose and why? And how happy are you with it?

Here are some thoughts so far:

Black & tan is a classic combination but good luck keeping it clean. And the matador red or desert sage with tan interior will make you feel rich - in an exotic car kind of way. I think that an extraordinary car deserves an extraordinary color, but I don't want to become a slave to my "cashmere" carpet!

Granted, the grey leather looks kind of ordinary, but at least that interior will look pretty clean most of the time because the floor and sills are black. And I don't think I want the all black interior because it makes the interior look cramped in my opinion. Anybody else think so?

Am I the only one agonizing over the damn colors? I just know that long after the excitement of a new car wears off, I still have to clean it. And then some day I'll also have to sell it.

By the way, what do you guys think of desert sage metallic? Cool? Ugly? Exotic? Has anybody dared to buy it, and if so, how do you and others like it?

i just bought mine 3 weeks ago. and i got the blue onyx with the black interior. it is beautiful. and the blue onyx is hard to find also. i have not seen one on the road yet.

I too really wanted the Glacier Frost Mica, but was unable to find one with all the features I wanted. I ended up with now, I think is the best color to show the curves of the car, Matador Red w/Black Interior. Additionally, I went with the chrome wheels by Lexus and tinted the windows.

• 1 year later...

I just picked up the Glacier Frost Mica w/ Sterling and it's so gorgeous! I am in total love!

Haven't seen one in person, but it looks kinda pinkish in the catalogs.

Is it pinkish in person?

not at all. it's more of a silvery bluish pearl color.

Just think of a color between white, silver, and blue. This color has the properties of being all three, a combination of any two, or just one. And you have glacier frost mica.

I wanted crystal white/cashmere but it was impossible to get without a special order so I ended up with matador red with cashmere and it is GORGEOUS. all the black interior combos are ugly and black/black is such a lame cliche as to be unbeleivably tacky. seems like its either youngsters or old macho man wannabes who get that combo. coming from an ls 430 ultra with millenium silver/black I NEVER want to see another black interior again. its not like its hard to keep the interior of your car clean unless youre lazy.

RED with Cashmere really is a fabulous color combo - one of the best. I didn't feel I could get away with that color personally... so I went with Black Shapphire Pearl (which is a dark blue metallic) with a cashmere interior. Only a few red ones on the road in the northeast and they really look great though. I don't worry about the possible dirt factory - I have all season mats and I really am the only person in the car 90% of the time.

I wanted crystal white/cashmere but it was impossible to get without a special order so I ended up with matador red with cashmere and it is GORGEOUS. all the black interior combos are ugly and black/black is such a lame cliche as to be unbeleivably tacky. seems like its either youngsters or old macho man wannabes who get that combo. coming from an ls 430 ultra with millenium silver/black I NEVER want to see another black interior again. its not like its hard to keep the interior of your car clean unless youre lazy.

RED with Cashmere really is a fabulous color combo - one of the best. I didn't feel I could get away with that color personally... so I went with Black Shapphire Pearl (which is a dark blue metallic) with a cashmere interior. Only a few red ones on the road in the northeast and they really look great though. I don't worry about the possible dirt factory - I have all season mats and I really am the only person in the car 90% of the time.

Nothing like reviving a thread that's more than a year old :whistles:

But to respond, here in my part of MA, I see WAY more red IS's than any other color.

I see quite a few Glaciers now as well....but red is by far the most common in my area, followed by Black.