What's The Best Color?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got the Blue Onyx Pearl with Black Leather. My girlfriend and I sat there staring at the Blue Onyx and Granite Mica for about 45 minutes. We decided on the Blue onyx because the color looked like it gave the car a more aggressive look. Just looked like the car had more substance, a little weird to explain. LoL Just fell in love with it.

Personally, I think the Crystal White is absolutely stunning, but I currently own a Honda Accord and a Jeep Grand Cherokee, both white, and they are a friggen horror show to get clean.

Bugs and tar marks are impossible to remove.

They are my first and last white vehicles.

Going with SGM on Black B)

I'm at the - "OK I'm gonna buy one, now what color should I get?" - stage, and I'd like to know what color YOU chose and why? And how happy are you with it?

I only got my car two days ago, so I can't speak to the longevity of the interior or such. My first choice was the black with black, but it wasn't available as I wanted it (IS250, AWD, Nav, no Luxury pkg). I would have also taken the blue onyx, tungsten pearl, or even the gold if it came with another interior besides cashmere (I thought cashmere was too light).

I ended up with the Flamenco Red with Sterling leather. I gotta say, I couldn't be happier in retrospect!!! The Flamenco Red is the nicest color I have ever seen on a car, period. You *need* to see this color in person; as with all the colors in the book, the color swatches don't do justice. The red changes color from different angles, and int he sunlight is nothing short of amazing. The one thing that every single person who has seen my car has commented on is the fantastic color! Make the dealer bring one in to show you...!

I _am_ happy to see nobody else listed my color combo, makes me feel unique! That and the fact that you never see these ISx50 cars on the road!

I'll have some pics up online in the next couple days...

Mike

I ended up with the Flamenco Red with Sterling leather. I gotta say, I couldn't be happier in retrospect!!!

Ok, somebody needs to enlighten me...

What is Flamenco Red???

Is it the same as Matador Red Mica?

I ended up with the Flamenco Red with Sterling leather. I gotta say, I couldn't be happier in retrospect!!!

Ok, somebody needs to enlighten me...

What is Flamenco Red???

Is it the same as Matador Red Mica?

HAHA My fault. Matador Red / Flamenco Red / same thing. I knew it was something spanish-sorta... :wacko:

Mike

I just bought a 350 in white with black inerior. I love it!!! The white is awesome and the black looks great! If you're worried about it getting dirty, I wouldnt recommend the tan. I also wouldnt recommend paying sticker price for the car, I know alot of dealers are saying that they don't take any off the price of the car because they are selling so well, but you can talk them down... I did...

I've had black and black in the GS and also black and tan and loved them both. The black is a drag in New England during the winter and it's a magnet for police. This time I chose the tungsten with black and it's gorgeous. It looks clean longer in the winter and is really sharp at night. I've had many compliments already.

ROCKDOC, Thanks for your opinion, I was having a hard time myself deciding on color and your post really helped me make the decision. I also live in New England, originally wanted black but salt and snow would really bring the car down, so I chose the Tungsten with black myself! THANKS!

I have to make a list of 3 colors and the dealer is going to try and find one of the 3 :blink:

Smokey Granite / Black

Tungsten / Black

Matador Red / Black

Best of luck to you Scott! We're in the same area (CT here) and the stock was sparse, to say the least. They ended up getting me my second choice, from a dealerhsip in NY. In retrospect, I'm glad, it turned out to be a most-excellent color (the red)!

If they seem to have trouble finding you a car, you can "help them" along as I did, hit http://www.autotrader.com/ and search for your car yourself! Do the power search, put in the car, 2006, etc. and see what shows up...

Mike

I have to make a list of 3 colors and the dealer is going to try and find one of the 3 :blink:

Smokey Granite / Black

Tungsten / Black

Matador Red / Black

Best of luck to you Scott! We're in the same area (CT here) and the stock was sparse, to say the least. They ended up getting me my second choice, from a dealerhsip in NY. In retrospect, I'm glad, it turned out to be a most-excellent color (the red)!

If they seem to have trouble finding you a car, you can "help them" along as I did, hit http://www.autotrader.com/ and search for your car yourself! Do the power search, put in the car, 2006, etc. and see what shows up...

Mike

I find it difficult to tell the difference between Tungsten Pearl and Glacier Frost Mica. Does anybody have actual pics? The Tungsten Pearl seems to be a creamier silver to me. Thanks

Feel free to call me insane, it wouldn't be the first time...

Comparing 2 identical IS 250 AWD's side by side.

One is Matador Red and one is Smokey Granite.

I think the Smokey Granite looks smaller in size.

Yes, I know this isn't really the case, but has anyone else ever noticed this? :wacko:

Feel free to call me insane, it wouldn't be the first time...

Comparing 2 identical IS 250 AWD's side by side.

One is Matador Red and one is Smokey Granite.

I think the Smokey Granite looks smaller in size.

Yes, I know this isn't really the case, but has anyone else ever noticed this?:wacko:

Read mine a few posts up. I was staring side by side at the Blue Onyx (which I bought) and the White, and for some reason the Blue Onyx just seemed like more there, more substance, more aggressive... The white looks hot as hell too, but more of a pure look, less aggressive. So call me Insane :D :lol:

I find it difficult to tell the difference between Tungsten Pearl and Glacier Frost Mica. Does anybody have actual pics? The Tungsten Pearl seems to be a creamier silver to me. Thanks

post-23953-1143142271_thumb.jpg

post-23953-1143142280_thumb.jpg

I posted some pics of my Matador Red. In direct sunlight, the gold metallic flecks become much more obvious, but it seems like the camera doesn't record them properly, blending the red and gold to an orange-ish tint. Anyway have a look at my gallery by clicking here. Notice a couple things:

- the different shades of red that appear in sun and shadows, all within one pic; this helps show how dynamic the paint job is

- the last pic in the gallery shows the new XM antenna installed "by my dealer" (well, by the company the dealer hires to do the work). It is TINY! About a half-inch square! Very nice...

Mike

Thanks for sharing some photos Mike.

With everyone's input, it's getting easier to decide on a color.

I'm starting to lean more toward Red or White, and less towards SGM.

I'm test driving an SGM next week, so I'll get a good look at it then, but seeing one on the road each morning, the SGM somehow looks smaller than the Red and White models.

I know it sounds weird.

I love the Red when the sun hits it... looks amazing.

I wanted crystal white/cashmere but it was impossible to get without a special order so I ended up with matador red with cashmere and it is GORGEOUS. all the black interior combos are ugly and black/black is such a lame cliche as to be unbeleivably tacky. seems like its either youngsters or old macho man wannabes who get that combo. coming from an ls 430 ultra with millenium silver/black I NEVER want to see another black interior again. its not like its hard to keep the interior of your car clean unless youre lazy.

i have white on black and i think its gOrGeUs!!!!!

white looks classy, clean, young and elegent...!

Hey, Bunny....

Do you have any pics of your car that you can share here?

I'm also choosing White on Black as a first choice.

Red on Black is a second choice in case White is not avail.

Also liked the Breakwater Blue, but the wife says it's too feminine, and it should have been called

"Brokeback Mountain Blue" :blushing:

I just picked up the Glacier Frost Mica w/ Sterling and it's so gorgeous! I am in total love!

Haven't seen one in person, but it looks kinda pinkish in the catalogs.

Is it pinkish in person?