Bluetooth Quirk

My 400H pairs o.k. with my Sprint samsung A940 and seems to work o.k.

As I am driving occasionally the radio or Nav is interupted with the incoming call window which quickly flashes off.

Is this because the phone service is dropping and reacquiring or this a quirk from the phone or Sprint?

calling out works o.k as does answering through the car system, even with the dialing out limitations!

Anyone else notice this problem?

As I am driving occasionally the radio or Nav is interupted with the incoming call window which quickly flashes off.

Is this because the phone service is dropping and reacquiring or this a quirk from the phone or Sprint?

calling out works o.k as does answering through the car system, even with the dialing out limitations!

We are experiencing the same issues with the new SAMSUNG A900 and Sprint - requires turning BT off on phone and re-enabling it.

• 2 weeks later...

We are experiencing the same issues with the new SAMSUNG A900 and Sprint - requires turning BT off on phone and re-enabling it.

We have a new Samsung SCH-a950 from Verizon. When the car is turned on the system indicates that bluetooth has connected. We can use the screen in the car to make a call. The problem is that most of the time the voice does not switch over to the car's handsfree system; you have to talk and listen on the phone. Some of the time it works properly (i.e. the cars speaker and mic work). It seems hit and miss, it either connects fully or not, and if not, you make a call, the call goes thru annoying the called person, yet we cant talk to them. But the next time we start up the car, it might work correctly. Has anyone else experienced this behavior? The phone works fine with a bluetooth headset so it seems the phone is OK. The car works fine with another phone (Cingular/Motorola V551 always works) so it seems the car is OK. But the combination is flaky and unsuitable for prime time. I don't know what to do.

We have a new Samsung SCH-a950 from Verizon. When the car is turned on the system indicates that bluetooth has connected. We can use the screen in the car to make a call. The problem is that most of the time the voice does not switch over to the car's handsfree system; you have to talk and listen on the phone. Some of the time it works properly (i.e. the cars speaker and mic work). It seems hit and miss, it either connects fully or not, and if not, you make a call, the call goes thru annoying the called person, yet we cant talk to them. But the next time we start up the car, it might work correctly. Has anyone else experienced this behavior? The phone works fine with a bluetooth headset so it seems the phone is OK. The car works fine with another phone (Cingular/Motorola V551 always works) so it seems the car is OK. But the combination is flaky and unsuitable for prime time. I don't know what to do.

Given that this SCH-a950 is a PDA and not your typical cell phone, I would look to the Operation System and make sure it is not getting confused or trying to do other things when it should be sync'ing with the 400h. Also there is a switchable mode on this unit that has given reviewers pains in the past... something about how the data stream is sent via bluetooth (I was looking into this unit when I got my Motorola 700. I decided the PDA function was more than I needed). Search for reviews for this model and you should find some details that may lead you to the problem.

Have you tried Samsung tech support?

• 2 weeks later...

This again is exactly the same problem. Samsung tech's say "this is a problem and they forward the issue for checking". Lexus has never gotten back to me. Sprint says ?

Change to cingular or bypass car and use bluetooth headset.....

I still gamble that when I'm in the car it will work to receive a call or send, and I wind up picking up phone.

It *BLEEP*es me off because when I got the phone a Sprint rep came out to the car and paired it and it seemed to work fine.....as you know!!!

Frustrating, HuH!!!!

This again is exactly the same problem. Samsung tech's say "this is a problem and they forward the issue for checking". Lexus has never gotten back to me. Sprint says ?

I still gamble that when I'm in the car it will work to receive a call or send, and I wind up picking up phone.

It *BLEEP*es me off because when I got the phone a Sprint rep came out to the car and paired it and it seemed to work fine.....as you know!!!

Frustrating, HuH!!!!

I currently work for a Lexus dealership handling the Help Desk. It is my job to help customers with technology questions, though i mainly get navigation and bluetooth questions. I have actually helped a customer with the SCH-a950. The phone would pretty much work when it wanted to, sometimes just fine, sometimes it would delay or won't let someone hear or talk. The one I was working with was from Verizon. I spoke with Verizon about the problem and they couldn't give me a straight answer. The phone works just fine with standard handsets. We deduced that it may have something to do with the bluetooth profiles that Verizon disables and that it could be causing incompatability. There was a firmware update scheduled for a week or so after when I was working on this problem. I haven't heard from the customer or anyone since about the phone. But now that you mention that the SCH-a940 is behaving in the same manner, but with a different Cellular Provider leads me to believe that it is infact just samsung phones. I would have to say that of all of the phones i have used with the lexus systems, motorola seems to work the best, followed by Sony Ericsson. I have hooked up a few Nokias, and they generally work well except for the 3650, that one had compatability issues. From what i have read Audiovox do not work with the system. Blackberry's work well, but you can't do data transfers. The Treo works, you have to do a little trick to register it correctly with the system, but it will do data transfers even the ones from Verizon.

Hope this helps. I will continue to post any info i find on phones, and im working on compiling my own compatability list from all of the phones that i have personally worked with and ones that are brought in with problems.

i purchased my 400h from your dealership and have had good service, i will say hello at my next oil change. i do have one question, when you say there is a trick to pairing the treo 650. mine is paired and it works, does your trick improve my fidelity or anything beyond just the pairing?

i purchased my 400h from your dealership and have had good service, i will say hello at my next oil change. i do have one question, when you say there is a trick to pairing the treo 650. mine is paired and it works, does your trick improve my fidelity or anything beyond just the pairing?

No, its just that normally when you are pairing the Treo it won't completely link up until you make a phone call, then it will click and finish up. I look forward to seeing you, I'll be the guy at the help desk, though I always seem to manage to be away from my desk right when I am needed by a customer :) No matter how long I sit there, the moment I go help one customer or take pictures for the ebay sales 5 people will show up needing a key programmed or a phone linked up.

Thank you for this very helpful information. I'm a nearly satisfied Blackberry user on my 400h (with which I am well satisfied). I have seen a few references to the possibility of using a Bluetooth-equipped laptop to load the Blackberry's phone book into the Lexus. Do you know if that's possible on the 400h and, if it is, how it is done?

Many thanks.

• 1 month later...

I have made a post with more of my bluetooth experience that the readers of this thread may find informative. Im not trying to spam it, i just want people to get as much information as they can get.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=28005

Thanks for the thread and the time you have invested in it! I wish I had been able to see this information before I purchased my A940 Sprint phone. I knew there would be issues, but not to the extent I've suffered.

To be fair, it does work properly receiving calls through the car MOST of the time. Calling out is Iffy!

Frustrating, HuH!!!!

I currently work for a Lexus dealership handling the Help Desk. It is my job to help customers with technology questions, though i mainly get navigation and bluetooth questions. I have actually helped a customer with the SCH-a950. The phone would pretty much work when it wanted to, sometimes just fine, sometimes it would delay or won't let someone hear or talk. The one I was working with was from Verizon. I spoke with Verizon about the problem and they couldn't give me a straight answer. The phone works just fine with standard handsets. We deduced that it may have something to do with the bluetooth profiles that Verizon disables and that it could be causing incompatability. There was a firmware update scheduled for a week or so after when I was working on this problem. I haven't heard from the customer or anyone since about the phone. But now that you mention that the SCH-a940 is behaving in the same manner, but with a different Cellular Provider leads me to believe that it is infact just samsung phones. I would have to say that of all of the phones i have used with the lexus systems, motorola seems to work the best, followed by Sony Ericsson. I have hooked up a few Nokias, and they generally work well except for the 3650, that one had compatability issues. From what i have read Audiovox do not work with the system. Blackberry's work well, but you can't do data transfers. The Treo works, you have to do a little trick to register it correctly with the system, but it will do data transfers even the ones from Verizon.

Hope this helps. I will continue to post any info i find on phones, and im working on compiling my own compatability list from all of the phones that i have personally worked with and ones that are brought in with problems.

LexTacoma,

Great information - I read your other posts as well. Could your indicate which SPRINT phone you have seen work most reasonably well with the RX400h? Thanks!