Radio Signal Dead

my factory radio does not have any fm or am signal, if i leave it on for 10-15min's it will play all the stations for about 30seconds & cut back out, but my cd & tape plays with no problem, i have check all wires & the rear window antenna same to be well, can anyone help me?

my factory radio does not have any fm or am signal, if i leave it on for 10-15min's it will play all the stations for about 30seconds & cut back out, but my cd & tape plays with no problem, i have check all wires & the rear window antenna same to be well, can anyone help me?

if all wiring and all connections check out to be ok, then most likely the tuner inside the radio is bad. when it plays on the presets you have on the radio try move it to another. i.e if your station on 1 is cutting out on fm1 try station 1 on fm2 to see if problem goes away. it definally sound like the radio unit is bad. :cheers:

if all wiring and all connections check out to be ok, then most likely the tuner inside the radio is bad. when it plays on the presets you have on the radio try move it to another. i.e if your station on 1 is cutting out on fm1 try station 1 on fm2 to see if problem goes away. it definally sound like the radio unit is bad. :cheers:

It is the amp, Remove the glovebox insert and you will see it on the passenger side. It isn't the headunit, While you are in there check all the connections first, It wouldn't hurt to pull the head and look behind there.

It is the amp, Remove the glovebox insert and you will see it on the passenger side. It isn't the headunit, While you are in there check all the connections first, It wouldn't hurt to pull the head and look behind there.

Doesn't make sense for it to be the amp if the tape and cd work fine, It sounds like it's the tuner <_<

Doesn't make sense for it to be the amp if the tape and cd work fine, It sounds like it's the tuner <_<

Amp, Channels, Remove it and you will see where the circuit boards are darkened <_< The headunits on these cars are almost NEVER a problem, But don't discount it, The amps are 98.9% the culprit. Either way you have to take everything out and test it ;)

I concur that it's not the amp. The radio and tape signals follow the same path on the same wires to the amp. So if the tape works, the radio signal would get there as well. The CD changer signal follows its own path on a seperate pair of wires to the amp. I'm going to lean towards the headunit.

Best route would be to try a spare headunit.

• 4 years later...

Hey, I have the same problem. Did you manage to make radio work?