Considering Buying An '03 Ls430, Should I Wait?

TXLS430

I guess I should introduce myself first off. My name is Kevin and I live in the Houston area. I've been looking at dumping my Range Rover and going back to a large car (before it I had a Mercedes S-Class). I just figured I'd get another S500 but when I drove them I just didn't like it as much as the one I had before so I looked at the BMW 745Li and the new Audi A8L. A friend of mine is on his 4th Lexus and he told me I really should go look at the LS before I decide. So more to just rule it out I went and to my amazement I was trilled with the car. I have since looked at it twice more and each time I like it more. My question is...

What is going to be new if anything on the '04 model? I'm thinking of putting off the purchase a little longer since we are so close to the new model year. Thanks in advance for the replies. I'm sure this board will be a wealth of knowledge and a source of new friends once I pull the trigger on the purchase.

Thanks,

Kevin

In all honesty, I would definately wait. Its only gonna be another 2-3 months, and you'll have seen the car with plenty of time left to still snatch up an 03 at an even better price if you don't like the new one, or dont feel its different enough to warrant the price difference. From what I've heard there are going to be some welcome improvement like new colors, new wheels, some newer more aggressive styling in the front end, to make the car look less chunky. Maybe some goodies like XM radio. Worth the wait at least to get a look at the car and what its going to offer I'd say. Its just a refresh, but a change nonetheless.

If you want to know what to expect, go somewhere like www.edmunds.com and compare a 1997 LS400 to a 1998 LS400. That was the type of refresh (front end, taillights, wheels, some interior peices, more soundproofing tauter suspension) that we're expecting them to do this time. As you'll see from the pictures. Its not a lot, but enough to make the car look fresher and newer.

Its simply one of the best cars on the road. My dad has a 98 he's put 140,000 miles on and it runs and looks like brand new. He's going to probably trade up to an 04 in October. You wont be sorry.

Welcome to the board!