Need Help! Radio In 1999 Lexus Rx300 Doesnt Play Sound

TOP222

So I used To have problems with My radio doing this. Sometimes it would not play any sounds and some times it would play normaly. but Now it Doesnt play at all. No sound What so ever. you cant Even change the bass or any of those setting. I have a 99 lexus rx300 and Really NEed HELP!

What Can i do?

Here are the items that are available in your year,

receiver

CD changer, used w/Pioneer amp

CD changer, used w/Nakamichi amp

amp, Pioneer

amp, Nakamichi (7 spkrs)

You need to determine what you have and which item is bad. From there you will have a better idea of what needs to be done to get you going. If it is a wire issue or something like that than no matter how many new parts you put in, it will still not work.

You need to get some diagrams to determine what should have power when. Test for said power and eliminate from there....

If you determine is is a component and would like a price I'd be glad to get you a price of a used unit...

So I used To have problems with My radio doing this. Sometimes it would not play any sounds and some times it would play normaly. but Now it Doesnt play at all. No sound What so ever. you cant Even change the bass or any of those setting. I have a 99 lexus rx300 and Really NEed HELP!

What Can i do?

most of the time if the tune setting cant be changed the amp is most likey bad.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a similar situation where I thought I had damaged the tuner ; the cd player still worked though. Then one day an 18 wheeler was cutting me off so I went to honk the horn and nothing....I found the horn fuse under the hood was blown. When I replaced it, the radio started working like normal.

If you have not already done so, you may want to check all the fuses--even the ones that sound unrelated before getting into the complicated stuff. After that I would check that all connections were clean and secure. Good luck