Towing Prep For 2003 Gx470?

jsantos615

Hi All -

I have an '03 GX470 and my dealer says that it's prepped to tow and all I have to do is remove the bumper cover blank where the receiver sticks-out from the bumper and connect a wiring harness to the lighting prep connector. After it's wired, all I have to do is bolt the receiver to the frame (I'm thinking of the draw-tite) Has anyone tried this? If so, what model of hitch and wiring harness have you used?

Happy New Year!

Joe

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All -

I have an '03 GX470 and my dealer says that it's prepped to tow and all I have to do is remove the bumper cover blank where the receiver sticks-out from the bumper and connect a wiring harness to the lighting prep connector. After it's wired, all I have to do is bolt the receiver to the frame (I'm thinking of the draw-tite) Has anyone tried this? If so, what model of hitch and wiring harness have you used?

Happy New Year!

Joe

My vehicle came with the receiver and trailer plug connector already installed. All I had to do was splice the ends of the dealer supplied wiring harness for the electric brake controller into the brake control, and plug the opposite end into the socket above the driver side trim panel. The Lexus/Toyota connector came with great instructions. The process took about 30 minutes.

Hi All -

Happy New Year!

Joe

My vehicle came with the receiver and trailer plug connector already installed. All I had to do was splice the ends of the dealer supplied wiring harness for the electric brake controller into the brake control, and plug the opposite end into the socket above the driver side trim panel. The Lexus/Toyota connector came with great instructions. The process took about 30 minutes.

Thanks-A-Million!!

Joe

• 2 years later...

Hi All -

Happy New Year!

Joe

Thanks-A-Million!!

Joe

Joe can you tell me what part number you used for the green relay switch. I was told there are two relays. One for the front box part number 9098702025 and the other part number is 8198560020

Kurt

Hi All -

Happy New Year!

Joe

Thanks-A-Million!!

Joe

Joe can you tell me what part number you used for the green relay switch. I was told there are two relays. One for the front box part number 9098702025 and the other part number is 8198560020

Kurt

Hi Kurt -

I have an extra relay for the front box, which I would send to you if you want it for a good price. But enough of my spam...

I don't have the numbers right now, but the rear relay is difficult to locate and the dealers that I've spoken with have no idea that it exists, except for Sewell in Dallas. There is a pic of it in this post.

If you're interested in the relay, please feel free to PM me.

Cheers -

joe