Rear Light Failure Warning Light. Help!

choiboyogg

ok, its been a while since the warning rear light has been on. so today, i finally read sat down again and read the manual more carefully. this is what it says in full.

"if this light comes on when the headlight switch is turned on (at the first or second clickstop), it indicates that one or more of the tail lights are burned out.

if it comes on when the brake pedal is depressed, one or more lights are burned out.

have defective bulbs replaced as soon as possible."

the warning light came on when i turned the lights on. so i replaced the bulbs that looked burnt out (blackish marks).

when i did that, the warning light would no longer come on once i turned on the lights.

it only came on when i pressed in the brakes. so i went back to walmart and bought new ge bulbs for all the brake lights. i replaced all of them including the one in the back dash. in addition, i replaced the little light in the rear.

the only ones i didnt change was the reverse and turn signals.

the warning light still comes on when depressed.

please help me!

thank you so much.

You have to be fairly careful about which replacement bulbs you buy. For instance those labelled LL, long life, may not draw as much current as the OEM bulb and therefore trigger the bulb failure circuit.

I just had the lightout sign come on and found it was the stoplight globe next to the rear middle speaker. There are 2 globes. Get to them by prying the whole section up with a srewdriver, (don't just pry the speaker cover as this is fixed to the whole thing from behind).

those were the first bulbs i changed out.

the thing that gets me bad is that when i went to get my tint done 3 months ago, i noticed that they broke the tabs that hold down the plastic globe. so i had to improvise with metal.

thanks for the response.