91 Es250-smog Check Good! (with A Little Help!)

jjewell

I took Army's advice on the cel bulb & took it another step- I jumped the bulb to the battery idiot bulb & insulated it from the cel socket & stuck it in the hole. Since the smog guys check that the light comes on when they turn on the ignition, yeah, the bulb comes on!

And the car passed with flying colors! All reading LOW! I'm sure the Seafoam treatments helped.

At least this buys me time for getting the knock sensor replaced.

My hats off to ya Army! Thanks again!! :cheers:

Glad you were able to get it smogged, but how did your neighbors like the smoke that the Seafoam leached out?

Yeah it was quite a fog! Luckily I knew to expect it & did the treatment in the morning early just after they all left for work. :whistles:

I took Army's advice on the cel bulb & took it another step- I jumped the bulb to the battery idiot bulb & insulated it from the cel socket & stuck it in the hole. Since the smog guys check that the light comes on when they turn on the ignition, yeah, the bulb comes on!

And the car passed with flying colors! All reading LOW! I'm sure the Seafoam treatments helped.

No problem, glad i could help. can you tell i have done this before? it wont work with OBD II though, only OBD I.

No problem, glad i could help. can you tell i have done this before? it wont work with OBD II though, only OBD I.

Oh yea it shows. You are a great resource. As kinks arise I'll be back. Thanks again.