Wet Trunk

Bentoni

I am having a problem with water leaking into the trunk of my '02 IS300. After a rain I find water on the trunk's floor mat, and pooled inside the black plastic covers on the trunk lid hinges. (when I open the lid the water runs out onto the trunk floor) When I first discovered the problem I found water pooled in the wells at the far right and left of the trunk below the pressure vents. I drained this water, which has not returned, but still a small amount of water is getting in from somewhere. I cannot feel any moisture on any of the upper surfaces that would suggest a source. I'm mystified, and it's driving me nuts. Does anyone have a suggestion?

I am having a problem with water leaking into the trunk of my '02 IS300. After a rain I find water on the trunk's floor mat, and pooled inside the black plastic covers on the trunk lid hinges. (when I open the lid the water runs out onto the trunk floor) When I first discovered the problem I found water pooled in the wells at the far right and left of the trunk below the pressure vents. I drained this water, which has not returned, but still a small amount of water is getting in from somewhere. I cannot feel any moisture on any of the upper surfaces that would suggest a source. I'm mystified, and it's driving me nuts. Does anyone have a suggestion?

I had the same problem with my 91 ES250. One of the deck hinges was not drawing down that side tight enough. Replaced the hinge and adjusted alignments. I then wiped off the rubber seal & where it contacts the deck. Then I spread talcum powder (any light powder would do I guess) along the top of the seal surface liberally. Closed the trunk & reopened. The contact point on the deck will show from the powder transfer.

Do you know if the car has ever been hit in the rear. My friend had the issue with a body seam in the rear crack after a light hit in the rear bumper. He also went thru multiple visits to the dealer before they found it and althought it was not a warranty repair they helped him out with it

Do you know if the car has ever been hit in the rear. My friend had the issue with a body seam in the rear crack after a light hit in the rear bumper. He also went thru multiple visits to the dealer before they found it and althought it was not a warranty repair they helped him out with it

Aha! This may be it. I backed into a ditch that resulted in some extremely minor damage (I didn't bother to repair it) I will hunt for a leak in the rear end, but in the meantime, if you know more specific details that I might look for, that might help me. Thanks for the clue.