I Just Got My Is 350!

Well, after contemplating whether I should buy a new car or not, I finally jumped in the deep end and took delivery of a 2006 IS 350. It is Breakwater Blue with a cashmere interior. I really wanted a navigation system, but after hearing the standard sound system, I was quite content with it. When the sales person, checked his inventory, he only had one with the optional Mark Levinson upgrade. Well, after his talking to the manager, he managed to throw in the ML sound system, for no extra charge!!

I didn't really get a chance to really open her up yet, but initial impressions are very good. The car has gobs of power and torque. The thing really flies!! The sound system is second to none. This is the first car I've owned with a navigation system, so keeping my eyes off of it and on the road is very difficult. :P

The only option I didn't get were the HID headlights. I've looked at a couple of websites like www.xenondepot.com and they have retrofit kits that should fit this car. If anyone has done this retrofit, I'd like to hear from ya and see how you did it and if it was easy.

Looking forward to learn about everything Lexus from all of you!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after contemplating whether I should buy a new car or not, I finally jumped in the deep end and took delivery of a 2006 IS 350. It is Breakwater Blue with a cashmere interior. I really wanted a navigation system, but after hearing the standard sound system, I was quite content with it. When the sales person, checked his inventory, he only had one with the optional Mark Levinson upgrade. Well, after his talking to the manager, he managed to throw in the ML sound system, for no extra charge!!

I didn't really get a chance to really open her up yet, but initial impressions are very good. The car has gobs of power and torque. The thing really flies!! The sound system is second to none. This is the first car I've owned with a navigation system, so keeping my eyes off of it and on the road is very difficult. :P

The only option I didn't get were the HID headlights. I've looked at a couple of websites like www.xenondepot.com and they have retrofit kits that should fit this car. If anyone has done this retrofit, I'd like to hear from ya and see how you did it and if it was easy.

Looking forward to learn about everything Lexus from all of you!!

Contratulations! I'm thinking about getting breakwater blue. I like it, but my buddy said it looks feminine to him (I'm a guy). How do you and others like the color?

Contratulations! I'm thinking about getting breakwater blue. I like it, but my buddy said it looks feminine to him (I'm a guy). How do you and others like the color?

They had a Breakwater Blue IS 350 at the San Jose Int'l Auto Show this weekend. I thought it looked quite good!

That's what I was thinking before too, but when I actually saw the car, it almost looks like a silver. Then again no one should really mistake your car for a chick car if you're driving a 350. If anything, the 250 would be the chick car of the bunch. I picked it because I thought it was one of the best colors available that you could get the cashmere interior with.