Trusted Indianapolis Area Mechanic?

melhadri

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...

Hello,

I am new the forum. I noticed this post is from a few years back. Does anyone have an up to date information on a mechanic in the Indianapolis area? I have a 99 GS300 that needs front breaks and a tune up. I also have a 05 LS430 that needs rear brake pads.

Thanks.

I'm new here, too.

BUT the best advice I've seen re good mechanics besides costly dealerships is to go to a well respected Toyota mechanic (dealer or otherwise) and you get less cost per hour (generally) and thus less cost. Parts are parts but even there, there's a tendency to not mark up as much there as well, I have found. I had new front pads recently on my 2003 403 LS and just took it to a good mechanic I know (far from Indy). No problem. Pads plus $40 per hour, or about half. It's the diagnostics, knowledge and the toyota training I seek otherwise. Good luck.

gamagin

I'm new here, too.

BUT the best advice I've seen re good mechanics besides costly dealerships is to go to a well respected Toyota mechanic (dealer or otherwise) and you get less cost per hour (generally) and thus less cost. Parts are parts but even there, there's a tendency to not mark up as much there as well, I have found. I had new front pads recently on my 2003 403 LS and just took it to a good mechanic I know (far from Indy). No problem. Pads plus $40 per hour, or about half. It's the diagnostics, knowledge and the toyota training I seek otherwise. Good luck.

gamagin

Thanks for the reply. Will give that a try and see what happens.