91 Es250- Tidying It Up

jjewell

First of all- THANKS to Army & Toys for all your help! :cheers:

Discovered yesterday the OEM security system works. Doors locked & opened trunk with key- Alarm went off! :whistles: Dealer says there is no remote for this car. :cries:

Where would be the best electrical tie-in point for a after-market keyless entry device (so as to not interfere with the oem system)? What system would be recommended?

Did the Seafoam treatment in the gastank yesterday prior to my trip to Sacramento. Today my goals are to address the knock sensor cel scenario & do the Seafoam injection thru the brake booster line.

But I digress................. :chairshot:

Any input with the keyless entry would be appreciated!

Discovered yesterday the OEM security system works. Doors locked & opened trunk with key- Alarm went off! :whistles: Dealer says there is no remote for this car.:cries:

Wow, your trunk triggers the alarm with the doors locked? Mine doesn't. :cries: Do you lock with the key or with the button on the inside? I only notice the "Security" light to go solid then begin flashing when I use the key to lock the car.

I'm gonna install the DEI Valet Remote Start on my car at Circuit City.

As for cleaning up the looks, try removing the pinstripes, depending on what color your car is, although I'm not a big fan of them on any car. All you need is a hairdryer and some patience to get them off.

Before and after pics of my car, the first is the night I got it and the 2nd is quite a while after I had cleaned it up well.

Good luck!

post-18112-1135879221_thumb.jpg

post-18112-1135879235_thumb.jpg

Discovered yesterday the OEM security system works. Doors locked & opened trunk with key- Alarm went off! :whistles: Dealer says there is no remote for this car.:cries:

Wow, your trunk triggers the alarm with the doors locked? Mine doesn't.:cries: Do you lock with the key or with the button on the inside? I only notice the "Security" light to go solid then begin flashing when I use the key to lock the car.

I'm gonna install the DEI Valet Remote Start on my car at Circuit City.

As for cleaning up the looks, try removing the pinstripes, depending on what color your car is, although I'm not a big fan of them on any car. All you need is a hairdryer and some patience to get them off.

Before and after pics of my car, the first is the night I got it and the 2nd is quite a while after I had cleaned it up well.

Good luck!

Yeah, I was suprised when I opened the trunk. It apparently goes into security mode either using the key or the lock switch once the door closes. 30 seconds on (delay) then flashes when armed. It looks like the best place to tie in wiring wise for keyless entry is to the main lock/unlock switch wiring. If you use the door key you need double pulse type control; 1st disables security, 2nd does door locks (to open that is)

Nope, no pinstriping on this one. Not gonna post any pix of her til after I get her cleaned up. Interior is immaculate though!

Let me know how yer valet system goes, how much, features, etc. I'm gonna do it soon!

If you happen to have the burgandy ES250, I might hate you. :lol: I love that color, especially the fact that it's only one color, and not 2-toned like most 250's I've seen.

The system I'm getting is gonna be $160 + tax installed, I ended up not needing a bypass box even though our keys have a little chip inside (that would've cost me another $80). It includes lock/unlock with flash of the parking lights to confirm, remote start, timed start, turbo/cool down (won't use), rear defroster start, and the option to automatically put the windows up when its locked. DEI has a .pdf user's guide on their website for it, and it comes in handy.

If you happen to have the burgandy ES250, I might hate you. :lol: I love that color, especially the fact that it's only one color, and not 2-toned like most 250's I've seen.

The system I'm getting is gonna be $160 + tax installed, I ended up not needing a bypass box even though our keys have a little chip inside (that would've cost me another $80). It includes lock/unlock with flash of the parking lights to confirm, remote start, timed start, turbo/cool down (won't use), rear defroster start, and the option to automatically put the windows up when its locked. DEI has a .pdf user's guide on their website for it, and it comes in handy.

no need fo hatin on me- It's greyish green, solid color. Havent had a chance to find out what "name" color it is yet.

Sound like a cool remote system! I'll have to check it out. What brand?

If you would like the 91 FSM, I could email it to ya! :P

no need fo hatin on me- It's greyish green, solid color. Havent had a chance to find out what "name" color it is yet.

Lol.

It's a DEI Valet remote starter system. www.directed.com and click the Valet tab on the left. It's working slowly for me but it's in there. And thanks I have the FSM for the wiring, engine and transmission. I'm having a difficult time comprehending it all though. :wacko:

Lol.

It's a DEI Valet remote starter system. www.directed.com and click the Valet tab on the left. It's working slowly for me but it's in there. And thanks I have the FSM for the wiring, engine and transmission. I'm having a difficult time comprehending it all though.:wacko:

NO KIDDING! It took a while to get into their mindset! :glare:

Lol.

It's a DEI Valet remote starter system. www.directed.com and click the Valet tab on the left. It's working slowly for me but it's in there. And thanks I have the FSM for the wiring, engine and transmission. I'm having a difficult time comprehending it all though.:wacko:

WINDOW TINT is a MUST have. 5% on the rear and 20% on the front will go quite nicely.

Lol.

WINDOW TINT is a MUST have. 5% on the rear and 20% on the front will go quite nicely.

I won't go through window tinting again. CHP are very paranoid here. I got a fixit ticket to remove my tint on my F350 dually :censored: . I'd love to have it though. CHP will only accept tinting done by the factory (original).

whoever gave you that ticket was BS!

HOW DARK CAN WINDOW TINT BE IN CALIFORNIA?

Darkness of tint is measured by Visible Light Transmission percentage (VLT%). In California, this percentage refers to percentage of visible light allowed in through the combination of film and the window.

Windshield Non-reflective tint is allowed on the top 4 inches of the windshield.

Front Side Windows Must allow more than 70% of light in.

Back Side Windows Any darkness can be used.

Rear Window Any darkness can be used.

That means you can have a 30% film.

Unless you had 5% all around. Doing a 30% front/5% rear combo will look great! trust me.

Source: http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/CA/

Edited by ArmyofOne