New Is350's Have Trunk Lip Spoiler

I was at the dealer yesterday and they were telling me that all future IS deliveries are going to have a trunk lip spoiler installed. He showed me one on an IS350 that just arrived. I didn't care for it at all. It looks like an aftermarket add-on. It looks as bad as the Mazda Miata body kit.

Has anyone else heard of this? Or is the dealer just try to force options on me?

Are there any known high speed stability problems with this car, like the Audi TT had?

I haven't heard of anyone else being told that the rear spoiler is mandatory. If they keep saying that tell them you want to order a car and delete that option. From what I know, that spoiler requires hole drilling and I sure wouldn't want that if I didn't like the item. It doesn't come up on lexus.com if you do a "build your own".

Have heard nothing of stability problems either, quite the contrary.

Ahh, jeese. This is not good.

I went to another Lexus dealership and just put a deposit down yesterday for a 350. I specifically asked them about this lip and they said it was only an option and they were unaware of any cars coming in with them automatically.

The lip is shown in the Lexus Accessories pamplet. It's not that big, it's just that it doesn't look like an intergrated or factory installed spoiler. It looks like the ones that are glued on with a very noticable seam.

I don't know. If my car comes in with one of these I may tell them they can keep their car.

This is from the Accerssories section of the Lexus website. From this angle though, you can't really see the ugly seam between the trunk & spoiler.

I just took delivery of an IS350. No spoiler. :)

Craig

Sure would like to see pix of that spoiler.:whistles:

post-22015-1136066340_thumb.jpg

Not much better but shows a little more.

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=1993

After further review, I like the lip spoiler better than the raised type spoiler with the brake light in it not that it is an option on the new IS. I don't beleive for a minute that all new IS will be shipped with a lip spoiler. Farce, Falicy, Joke. Although I kind of like it myself. I plan on putting a lip spoiler on my G3 in the near future [ Spring ]. B)

Happy New Year ! ! ! :cheers:

After further review, I like the lip spoiler better than the raised type spoiler with the brake light in it not that it is an option on the new IS. I don't beleive for a minute that all new IS will be shipped with a lip spoiler. Farce, Falicy, Joke. Although I kind of like it myself. I plan on putting a lip spoiler on my G3 in the near future [ Spring ]. B)

I don't believe it either. It's not even offered as a factory option, but a dealer installed one. My problem with lip spoilers is they just collect puddles of water, and then you get water spots. Besides, the IS350 already has a little turn up at the back anyway.

I don't believe it either. It's not even offered as a factory option, but a dealer installed one. My problem with lip spoilers is they just collect puddles of water, and then you get water spots. Besides, the IS350 already has a little turn up at the back anyway.

Well, As far as puddles go, The worst is that The puddles seem to congregate on the hood [ on the GS ], There is a crease about 2 in. wide the width of the hood from the windshield just past the windshield washer nozzles that always pool water, So if I am going to keep water from pooling there I might as well do the same on the trunk. Life is a !Removed! then you have to drive one. [ I hope the wify doesn't read this ] :lol::lol::lol:

puddle solution = DRIVE FASTER.

Stevie, You are all over that, 0-140 then I will give your car back :lol::lol::lol: By that time my car will be dry.:whistles: I don't know what I'm talking about :blink::huh:

I think this foreign object is taking over, :geek:

I just ordered my IS350 today loaded with everything except pre-collision and the lip spoiler was an option and they told me that most of the cars were now coming with them and they are port installed, not dealer. The price of the option was $355.00 and they told me that if I did not want it they could take it off the order.