Auto Liftgate Problem?

Esada

New to the forum and the Lexus community, just wanted to see if I might find some help on this topic. I searched and the only other liftgate problem I could find was about replacing the supports due to the fact that the liftgate slows down and the top of its cycle.

The problem I am having is that at the top of it auto open cycle, the liftgate automatically triggers itself to close without being prompted. Does anyone have any ideas on this one or perhaps has dealt with this?

New to the forum and the Lexus community, just wanted to see if I might find some help on this topic. I searched and the only other liftgate problem I could find was about replacing the supports due to the fact that the liftgate slows down and the top of its cycle.

The problem I am having is that at the top of it auto open cycle, the liftgate automatically triggers itself to close without being prompted. Does anyone have any ideas on this one or perhaps has dealt with this?

There was a TSB on the liftgate module malfunctioning but I believe that was on 2004 models. Iam surprised that an 06 model still has the same issues.Anyhow call your dealer and have them check it out. It may still be related to the TSB for the liftgate module.

I did a search for the 06' model, perhaps they are having a similar problem. I tried searching the 04' TSB's I found one for a power window auto feature malfunction ( EL00803 - NHTSA # 10003557). Is this the TSB you are talking about, or is this related to the basic auto power windows?

No, The one for the power door is EL002R-04 APR 04.

You can find all TSBs for the RX here http://www.alldata.com/TSB/74/04740817.html

Just have the dealer check it. Maybe you just have a defective module.

Edit: You didn't mention if this is an intermittent problem or not.Did you try resetteng the Auto feature from the glove box button? Do it once and see if it helps.

Edited by cantsleepnk

I did a search for the 06' model, perhaps they are having a similar problem. I tried searching the 04' TSB's I found one for a power window auto feature malfunction ( EL00803 - NHTSA # 10003557). Is this the TSB you are talking about, or is this related to the basic auto power windows?

My apologies, I have tried the reset button and the problem still exists. It seems to work after a couple of attempts, possibly needs to warm up. It might be a sticky solenoid that keeps triggering it to shut automatically.

• 2 months later...

Same problem with my 01 RX300..it opens to about 80% normally, but takes forever for the liftgate to go all the way up during the last 20%...it's really annoying, but i don't want to fork out the $$ to replace the liftgate mechanism.

OK, so we are not the only one. We experience occasional situations where the tailgate fails to work with either the remote or hard switch on the dash. Open it manually once and you're all set for a period of time. It's been about 3 months here in New England since the last manfunction so let's hope.