Lx450 - Parts For Power Seat Track?

majorrickrodriguez

MY PASSENGER SEAT'S POWER SEAT IS PARTIALLY OPERATIONAL. THE SEAT WORKS UP AND DOWN AND RECLINES, BUT WON'T GO FRONTWARDS OR BACKWARDS. THE MECHANIC SAYS THE FRONT/BACK MOTOR WORKS AND THAT THE TEETH IN THE RAILING MAY BE STRIPPED. DOES ANYONE KNOW THE CORRECT TOYOTA PART NUMBER OR HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS. THE ONLY OTHER OPTION, I BELIEVE, WOULD BE TO BUY THE WHOLE ADJUSTER ($1,400)??

I had the same problem on my 96 lx450. I unbolted the seat from the floor (quite a simple task) and flipped it over for a look. It turned out that a plastic cap that is located on the end of the plastic tube that runs the width of the seat had become unscrewed and fallen off into the floor board. The cap is slightly smaller than a thimble. I screwed it back on and and everything operated normally.

If this does not fix it, having the seat out gives you the opportunity to have a look and see if everything is operating normally. Check the wiring harness too, as it may not be making good contact.

Good luck.

• 1 year later...
I had the same problem on my 96 lx450. I unbolted the seat from the floor (quite a simple task) and flipped it over for a look. It turned out that a plastic cap that is located on the end of the plastic tube that runs the width of the seat had become unscrewed and fallen off into the floor board. The cap is slightly smaller than a thimble. I screwed it back on and and everything operated normally.

If this does not fix it, having the seat out gives you the opportunity to have a look and see if everything is operating normally. Check the wiring harness too, as it may not be making good contact.

Good luck.

same thing happened to me. I removed the plug from the drivers side (since it faces the door) and put into the passenger side. It works fine. Now I need another one to replace the drivers side. I looked all over the underneath of seat around carpet and vent and could not find the white plug. Where is easiest place to get this.....Dealer.??