Where R The Distributors In My 98 Gs400?

I recently changed the spark plugs on my 98 GS 400 (easy job to do yourself btw) and wanted to change the wires and distributor caps and rotors BUT....I couldnt find the distirbutors!....I know the old V8 from the LS have a similar set up, but they had the distributors (on on each side) pretty obviously placed. I went to look for the distributors on the same 2 humps where the old LS had them and I ran into the timing belt (I think) but I didnt see anythign else.... Also, the ignition wires are not the regular wires other cars have, the have regular wires feeding into the spark plug...........I dont know how to explain it, but if youve seen it u know what Im talking about.

My question is, how do u change the wires, or do u need to change them at all??? What do u need to change when you change the spark plugs? Are there any distributor caps or rotors that need change?

Someone please explain to me how our ignition system works, or where I can find info on this thanks!

Most cars use a direct coil on plug ignition system which is much more variable than a distributor can ever be.

Remember those little black rods you removed from the spark plugs to access them?

Those are the ignition system in one shot for each cylinder.