Ls 400 Vs. Ls 430

ROSS

I HAVE BEEN THINKING OF A NEW OR USED LATE MODEL LS430. WAS WONDERING IF THE MARK

LEVINSON STEREO WAS THAT MUCH BETTER THAN

THE REGULAR ONE? DO THE CLIMATE CONTROL

SEATS REALLY COOL AS STATED? ANY OTHER OPTIONS THAT SHOULD BE CONSIDERED?

So basically what I suppose you're comparing is the LS430 compared to your current LS400? What year do you have?

The 430 is definately a great car, however so is the 400. I really wanted a 430 when I got my ES, but I'm gonna have to wait until next time. I seriously considered the 00 400, but wanted a new car, and the financing isnt as good for used etc.

The Mark Levinson stereo upgrade is a must if you love music. Generally most LS430's actually have it. Any car that has the navigation system has the Mark Levinson stereo, it just works that way on all Lexus. Its almost impossible to find one without the other.

As for the climate cooled seats, they are definately very cool (pun intended). Worthwhile for sure.

Basically the car ships three ways. It ships base, with no navigation or ML stereo, does have cooled seats. This car retails for $57,852 It ships with a premium package which includes the nav and ML package, this car however DOES NOT have the cooled seats (go figure). This car retails for $61,592. They also ship with the Ultra Luxury package that has everything, special interior colors and woods, more leather (dashboard, door panels etc) power/heat/cooled massage rear seats, rear stero and climate control. Power sunshades, air suspension, adaptive cruise control, parking assist. This car sells for $69,807. These are pretty much the only three options you're going to have if you buy one off the dealer lot.

The big thing with buying new right now, unfortunately is the VSC. Lexus has DISCONTINUED VSC, no new Lexus has it. They're coming out with a new updated system in 2004, and they have to shut down and re-tool the factory that builds the system. If you live in a snow area, this is really bad news for you, because the LS is horrible in the snow.

If you want to wait for a great deal, be it new or used, wait until September or so when the refreshed LS comes out, the current LS430 prices, new and used will go down significantly.

Oh yeah, you'll love the 430 compared to the 94. In all honesty, there's not a lot of difference in the ride or the performance compared to a 98-00 LS400, but to the 94 it'll be like night and day.

You can get into a nice Ultra Luxury 2001 now with decent miles for $43-45k, that'll go down after September when the 04 comes out.

as far as sound i thought that the first gen LS had good sound and it did untill iride in a friends 99 GS with levinson and then 2003 LS and wow now my car stereo sounds cheap like on an economy car.

Mine has the NAKAMICHI system but it isnt at all impressive.. theres hardly any bass at low volume.. but the sound quality is good.

I dont want to upgrade to 3rd party so I guesss itll do me fine :wacko:

yup i got the nak`s and like i said when it was new it seemed to me that it sounded simply amazing but new stuff is always better ecpecially electronics because ten years and capacitors in the electronics start to go bad resulting in a not as good as new sound. but its still good