Sagging Suspension?

branshew

I have noticed recently that the driver's side of my car appears to be sitting a little lower than the passenger side. This is only in the rear of the car. The strut isn't showing any signs of leaking. Could it just be compressed? I am guessing that the suspension is original to the car. I don't notice any degredation in ride quality.

Woa!! When did they change this setup? lol. Our 96 is in the shop right now for the very same reason. My dad hit a pothole while driving and screwd up both left side airbags. They repalced them and the car still kept sagging so they think its a nylon hose that might be leaking. We'll find out more monday. Sorry I cant be more helpful. Hopefully yours is just a hose to?

thanks

I think I've seen this posted before here, you'd have to do a search to find them. Mine has the same slight left side dip as well. It's barely noticable so I'm not too worried and don't plan to do anything 'bout it.

Woa!! When did they change this setup? lol. Our 96 is in the shop right now for the very same reason. My dad hit a pothole while driving and screwd up both left side airbags. They repalced them and the car still kept sagging so they think its a nylon hose that might be leaking. We'll find out more monday. Sorry I cant be more helpful. Hopefully yours is just a hose to?

thanks

Mine is a standard gas strut not the air suspension.

My guess is that the strut is getting weak and starting to leak within the two chambers inside the strut itself. There is a little rubber gasket inside of there that can wear out over time and use and eventually lets the pressure side of the strut gasses escape to the other side of the dampening side. Or so it was explained to me from the dealership when they charged me a ton of money for my $48 front right strut last winter.

thanks

Mine is a standard gas strut not the air suspension.