Oh My God...japanese Oem Add Ons!

I used babel fish to translate the japanese lexus website. So far, this is some stuff ive discovered that's currently available to Japanese 2006 GS Owners......

13d22e4a.jpg

Safety Flashlight that charges in the center divider between the seats.

5fbdcd7e.jpg

In the place where our sunglass holder is, the japanese have a security system with a camera, that photographs the entire interior of the car, if a break in occurs. THIS IS THE SICKEST THING IVE EVER SEEN!!!!!

5002c536.jpg

Non smokers can replace the ashtray with a sunglass holder.

5893235c.jpg

Coat rack to keep your jacket wrinkle free on your way to work.

e1abf074.jpg

This thing GLOWS when the doors are opened!

4adc4d63.jpg

I couldn't figure out what this is, but it looks cool. The translation gave me jibberish.

810eea42.jpg

Extended mud flap thingie, giving the car a more agressive look.

40b625f5.jpg

Remote ignition system.

I also found a body kit and whole bunch of other stuff that im going to church right now to PRAY TO GOD THAT IT REACHES US!

Lemme know what you guys think about all of this.

It will never get here , they have had cooler stuff that is never added to the American market since toyota has been around.

It is the simple stuff that some idiot marketers at the head office never think anyone over here wants. Same people who think no want a lexus modified sports car . Since the 90's the LS has had back seat controls for the radio and hvac. The newewst celsior even has 2 body kit options and even doillies for the headrest as a Japanese OEM toyota option.

Oh btw most cars in Asia and espeically larger luxry ones have that little rod that extends when needed on the front right and rear to aid the driver in parking so they know the edges of the car so they can use the maximum amount of space to manover a car on Japanese tight streets.4adc4d63.jpg

This is just a normal light but it plugs into the cig lighter already there.13d22e4a.jpg

there's gotta be some way of getting our hands on this stuff. the complicated stuff such as the remote ignition and security camera should be harder to get because we dont know how to install it. But if were talking about just hard goods, such as the ash tray replacer and things like that, im sure we can find some guy in japan selling stuff on ebay. or am i just lying to myself? lol.

You can get stuff as i do on the occasion that i really want which are really "JDM" japanese domestic market ,meaning things they don't ever let out of japan.

Put it this way the sunglasses holder is probably about 100 yen to get it bought by someone and shipped plus taxes $200-250 is possible.

I think the best bet is to call Lexus directly and inquire why they do not sell such simple items over the parts counter.

Hell i think anyone with even the smallest amount of interest should call them . It is not like a spoiler but a sunglass holder and other simple items should be stocked in North America for owners who might want it.

That beign said , does the GS not have an over head sunglass holder where the map lights are ?

Also they probably do not have an overhead one as they have a automated toll collection service with a card swipe built into the car so they have no room up there.

That being said , does the GS not have an over head sunglass holder where the map lights are ?

Also they probably do not have an overhead one as they have a automated toll collection service with a card swipe built into the car so they have no room up there.

yes there is an overhead sunglass holder for my car, but in japan, in the sun glass holder's place, there is a security camera system, the one i mentioned above. takes snapshots of the inside of the car. thats why they offer the optional sunglass holder in replace of the ashtray. i just figured, for practical every day use, i dont smoke, i could put other stuff in there, like change or a checkbook or something instead of an ashtray. they should definately offer that in the US market.

I think the best bet is to call Lexus directly and inquire why they do not sell such simple items over the parts counter.

Hell i think anyone with even the smallest amount of interest should call them . It is not like a spoiler but a sunglass holder and other simple items should be stocked in North America for owners who might want it.

That beign said , does the GS not have an over head sunglass holder where the map lights are ?

I work at a Toyota Dealership, and JDM parts are hell to order. For a couple of reasons. A Parts dept. is just like a regular store. Just because they have the name Lexus, they are not required to stock Lexus parts. They can pick and choose what parts to stock and what not to have, just like any store.

Also, the liability on those parts are a pain. How *BLEEP*ed would you be if you ordered a sunglass holder, and it took 3 months to get them in. Parts dept.'s in the states don't have a direct contact to a distributor in Japan. It's all about them calling one person, to call another person, to email another person, to ask that other person.... and so on....

I did not mean to call a dealer as they would not be of any real help ( no offense) but to call lexus head office.

It is a problem with Lexus USA not having a network setup to order the parts in a normal fashion and for it to even show up on TPC program (toyota parts counter) .I have no idea why Lexus is so slow to adapt and introduce anythign that is an acessory or modification through the dealer network .It is not like anyone is asking for them to develop a high performance car * ok well we are but they don't listen* it is simply having a container being shipped over with about $200 000 worth of parts to keep in stock this side of the pacific for North American owners. The parts are alreayd made packaged and tested .

I did not mean to call a dealer as they would not be of any real help ( no offense) but to call lexus head office.

It is a problem with Lexus USA not having a network setup to order the parts in a normal fashion and for it to even show up on TPC program (toyota parts counter) .I have no idea why Lexus is so slow to adapt and introduce anythign that is an acessory or modification through the dealer network .It is not like anyone is asking for them to develop a high performance car * ok well we are but they don't listen* it is simply having a container being shipped over with about $200 000 worth of parts to keep in stock this side of the pacific for North American owners. The parts are alreayd made packaged and tested .

No offense taken... But there is more involved than just that. I do understand where you are coming from, and I do agree with you. But what it boils down to, is money. And if there is no real market for it.....advertising and whatnot, it'll probably never happen. Lexus is marketed toward a more older and sophisticated market than let's say Honda or even Toyota, and 999 out of 1000 people don't even know that Lexus doesn't exist in Japan, and have no idea what JDM is.

But again, I do understand what you are saying.

Oh, and sorry for hijacking this thread.... :rolleyes:

I used babel fish to translate the japanese lexus website.  So far, this is some stuff ive discovered that's currently available to Japanese 2006 GS Owners......

THE HOTNESS!

13d22e4a.jpg

Safety Flashlight that charges in the center divider between the seats.

5fbdcd7e.jpg

In the place where our sunglass holder is, the japanese have a security system with a camera, that photographs the entire interior of the car, if a break in occurs.  THIS IS THE SICKEST THING IVE EVER SEEN!!!!!

5002c536.jpg

Non smokers can replace the ashtray with a sunglass holder.

5893235c.jpg

Coat rack to keep your jacket wrinkle free on your way to work.

e1abf074.jpg

This thing GLOWS when the doors are opened!

4adc4d63.jpg

I couldn't figure out what this is, but it looks cool.  The translation gave me jibberish.

810eea42.jpg

Extended mud flap thingie, giving the car a more agressive look.

40b625f5.jpg

Remote ignition system.

I also found a body kit and whole bunch of other stuff that im going to church right now to PRAY TO GOD THAT IT REACHES US!

Lemme know what you guys think about all of this.

I would like to purchase high quality Lexus chrome/chrome license plate frames, dealer wants $70 each. Can anyone suggest a cheap online vendor?

Darrel Diller

Sewell Lexus of Dallas

www.lexus-parts.com

6421 Lemmon Avenue

Dallas, TX 75209

(866) 770-3099 ext: 2826

(214) 353-2826

(214) 350-5398 Fax

ddiller@sewell.comthumbsup.gif