Anyone Updated Their Navigation Program?

gbhrps

My wife's 04 ES330 obviously has discrepancies in its mapping details. I've been waiting for the new update, that was supposed to be out this fall. Has anyone done the update, and what results did you notice? Do you mind sharing what the cost was, and whether you did the update yourself, or had the dealer do it for you?

The update is $280 from www.lexus-parts.com and comes out in January, its less if you're one of our Gold Members. Its VERY easy to do yourself, especially on an 04 where the drive is behind the nav screen.

I upgraded my 03 from the 02 map to the 04 map and was very satisfied.

Cutter,

Thanks for the info. I think its safe to assume that the new update in January of 06 will include the other information. I'll wait until then and cover all of the bases.

• 3 weeks later...

My wife's 04 ES330 obviously has discrepancies in its mapping details. I've been waiting for the new update, that was supposed to be out this fall. Has anyone done the update, and what results did you notice? Do you mind sharing what the cost was, and whether you did the update yourself, or had the dealer do it for you?

My dealer told me about the update and it was installed when the car was in for it's regular service. There was no cost to me, I have a 2004 ES 330. The service manager did say that it was likely that future updates would have a charge, unless there was a major fault discovered. I enjoy a wonderful dealership located in Chantilly, VA (Pohanka) and they have an outstanding staff of service managers. I must admit that with only 18,000 miles on the ES 330, I am not a hi-maintenance driver. Most of my miles are long trips of 300-500 mile length.

You may OR may not find any change, since the map itself was only changed slightly and if your area was not in the changed portion, you won't notice any change. I did notice an improved response time and an improvement in the way exists were identified on I-95 and the New Jersey Turnpike.

alank22181, in Virginia