Heat Seeking Glutes

TexLexus

I'm working on the car today, since I took the morning off, so pardon all my posts through the day so far. I stumbled across my seat heating buttons in the panel, to test the seat warmers, and they are not working.

I can't warm them up, fuse is OK, both buttons on the panel illuminate, but no warm feelings down there :angry: . Checked under the seats, everything is plugged.

What could it possibly be?

Tex

Very common problem!! Here is one Tech Service Bulletin "TSB" on the issue. I think there might be a couple more. I'll check.

17.pdf

I'm working on the car today, since I took the morning off, so pardon all my posts through the day so far. I stumbled across my seat heating buttons in the panel, to test the seat warmers, and they are not working.

I can't warm them up, fuse is OK, both buttons on the panel illuminate, but no warm feelings down there :angry: . Checked under the seats, everything is plugged.

Tex

Outside of an existing problem. I had a Lexus salesman tell me that the seats don't come on if the outside temp. is above 45-50. Don't really know if this is the case. Seems like it.

Tex

Outside of an existing problem. I had a Lexus salesman tell me that the seats don't come on if the outside temp. is above 45-50. Don't really know if this is the case. Seems like it.

I know you didn't believe that crap. It's almost freezing cold at 45 degrees. And remember, this was a salesman. I've heard everything from their child is dying and needs an operation, so they need to sell a certain amount of vehicles this month to pay for the hospital bill. They make it bad for the few honest salesmen.

A stupid question, If I may? I assume your cabin heat was "on" when you tested. If it was, then check for voltage ,at the heater connectors, under the seat. NC211 is correct on the TSB's.

RFeldes,

I can't remember if it was on or off, I'll check that tonight when I leave the office.

Good Catch!

Tex

There are relays for the seat heaters and are located under the front passenger seat. You should hear a clicking sound when you press the buttons. Do you?

I've had my car for about a year and at first they didn't work even though I heard the clicking sound. And now as it's gotten cold, I tried them and the work, yeah. I can't explain why they started working all of a sudden though.

There are relays for the seat heaters and are located under the front passenger seat. You should hear a clicking sound when you press the buttons. Do you?

I've had my car for about a year and at first they didn't work even though I heard the clicking sound. And now as it's gotten cold, I tried them and the work, yeah. I can't explain why they started working all of a sudden though.

No Clicking sound at all, looks like we'll spend some money for the heaters to work.

Tex