Bluetooth Functionality On Cell Phones

The website lists a few cell phones that are compatible with the IS350's navigation bluetooth. was wondering if there are other cell phones that work on it, or if there's a way to modify them to work on it. i once had the rx loaner and it didn't work on my treo650 so i wanted to know has it been updated, will it be updated, or do i just need to get a new phone.

-m

The website lists a few cell phones that are compatible with the IS350's navigation bluetooth.  was wondering if there are other cell phones that work on it, or if there's a way to modify them to work on it.  i once had the rx loaner and it didn't work on my treo650 so i wanted to know has it been updated, will it be updated, or do i just need to get a new phone.

-m

I can also vouch for the Motorola 815, all features work.

The website lists a few cell phones that are compatible with the IS350's navigation bluetooth.  was wondering if there are other cell phones that work on it, or if there's a way to modify them to work on it.  i once had the rx loaner and it didn't work on my treo650 so i wanted to know has it been updated, will it be updated, or do i just need to get a new phone.

-m

treo650 works... there's a firmware update that you should get if the 650 doesn't

work. cingular posted theirs around thanksgiving.

the bluetooth feature rocks... great audio connection... turns off audio on radio/cd...

my audiovox xv660 pocket pc phone works fine with the 350's bluetooth. programmed it last night in about 5 minutes.

-m

treo650 works... there's a firmware update that you should get if the 650 doesn't

work. cingular posted theirs around thanksgiving.

the bluetooth feature rocks... great audio connection... turns off audio on radio/cd...

I have never had a Sony Ericsson phone not work on any lexus bluetooth system. Also, I have found that Motorolas seem to perform quite well. I know this is beating a dead horse, but if you want full functionality stay away from verizon phones, as you will not be able to do any phone book transfers and some of them put up a fuss when trying to talk through the system. The fact that Verizon handicaps itself like that is very sad considering they have the best network and reception I have ever used. Had they allowed bluetooth transfers I wouldn't see any reason to use a different carrier. Im rambling now. so lets sum it up. Sony Ericsson = good. Motorola = Good. Blackberry = Good. I think i have tried one or two nokias but im not sure.

Basic functionality with the Samsung SCH-i730. Can't upload address book (at least not at its current size). It bails every time.

Other than that - I walk to my car from work; start driving home with my cellphone still in my pocket; get a call from the wife; and up it pops on the touchscreen.

Sick... Absolutely one of my favorite features of the 350.