Traveling With Fido

Gerald Brawley

I have ordered a new 06 GX and we take our 50 lb part golder retriever everywhere with us, part of the family. I was thinking about maybe having a plastic seat cover put on the her seat with a leash to keep her in her place but thought maybe I would put this out to see what others have done for pets . I dont really want to carry around a cage as some have done takes too much space.

Just wanted to throw out this and see what others have done.

Thanks G Brawley

:geek:

We just tie ours to the back bumper and drive as fast as we can....

Just kidding

I also have a golden (about 10 years old) and he just goes in the back and lies down for road trips. I did get a ramp so he can get in and out easier.

I've got a 100 pound Bernese Mountain dog and just let him ride in the back. I bought a soft waterproof liner from a pet store to put down in back just to make cleaning up any hair easier and to protect against any accidents. I bougt a ramp when he was a puppy but he never really took to it. He's 1.5 years old now and just hops right in. I lower the car just to make it easier but he has no problems. The rear cooling system works great in the summer to keep it cool for him.

Hopefully yours will like it too!

I had my wife make a custom cover for the back seat. I did not want the dogs scratching up the leather. She used a color matched heavy fabric. The only thing I don't like is it is not water proof. I prefer the dogs in the back seat so we can put the camping gear in the cargo area.

TexGX

I have ordered a new 06 GX and we take our 50 lb part golder retriever everywhere with us, part of the family. I was thinking about maybe having a plastic seat cover put on the her seat with a leash to keep her in her place but thought maybe I would put this out to see what others have done for pets  .  I dont really want to carry around a cage as some have done takes too much space.

Just wanted to throw out this and see what others have done.

Thanks  G Brawley

:geek:

I have a canine cover. It was like $250 3 years ago, but VERY good. My dogs (2 pits and a rottie) all in the back on my ES300 at one time :) Biggest dog was my wifes rottie, 120lb. No issues and works great. Back seat look brand new! They make them custom for ya. Just need the sizes.

I would buy another anyday. They are not cheap, but neither is your Lexus!

http://www.caninecovers.com/

I just roll up the rear seats and put a dog bed immediately behind them covering the seat latching holes. Dogs are close and happy and bolstered by the rear seat if we have a sudden stop. I still have access to the far rear for suitcases or other materials. Dogs love the view--two standard poodles.